* Update (Aug 2019): This position has opened, please reach us at [email protected]
Funktronic Labs is an independent games studio based in Los Angeles, California (Pasadena). We are a small creative team who inspire to develop innovative interactive experiences within VR/AR and consoles.
We are looking to hire a 3D environment artist on contract, in-house ONLY. Responsibilities will be mostly Environment modeling (with potentially some animation/rigging). The project is being developed using the Unity Game Engine.
- Model game-ready assets for environments, animated props (rigging, animations)
- Work closely with the art director to ensure visual styles are met
- Develop, maintain and communicate and efficient/effective art pipeline into Unity game engine.
- Develop optimized assets with attention to optimal low poly-count
- Communicate clearly with the dev team to ensure project’s schedule is on-track. Also, ability to provide and receive honest feedback.
- Super into classic arcade skating games (THPS, etc)
- Solid understanding of PBR workflow and lighting techniques
- Proficient at rigging and animating character models as well as UV-mapping and texturing.
- Good sense for colors, composition, silhouettes, lighting and proportions
- Experience developing games in Unity 5 and using Version control software (git)
- Experience shipping game titles
- Contract will be in-house at our studio. Preferably living in California or willing to relocate
Funktronic Lab's past work include Fujii
, Cosmic Trip
(VR), Starbear Taxi
If you feel that you are up for creating awesome 3D art assets for awesome games, please send your portfolio/resume to [email protected] with examples of 3D work.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!