* Update (Oct 15, 2018): This position has opened, please reach us at [email protected]
Funktronic Labs is an independent games studio based in Los Angeles, California. We are a small creative team who inspire to develop innovative interactive experiences within VR/AR.
We are looking to hire a 3D environment artist on contract, preferably within Los Angeles. Responsibilities will be mostly Environment modeling with some animation/rigging. The project is being developed using the Unity Game Engine.
- Model game-ready assets for environments, animated props (rigging, animations)
- Work closely with the art director to ensure visual styles are met
- Develop, maintain and communicate and efficient/effective art pipeline into Unity 5 game engine.
- Develop optimized assets with attention to optimal low poly-count
- Communicate clearly with the dev team to ensure project’s schedule is on-track. Also, ability to provide and receive honest feedback.
- Solid understanding of PBR workflow and lighting techniques
- Proficient at rigging and animating character models as well as UV-mapping and texturing.
- Good sense for colors, composition, silhouettes, lighting and proportions
- Experience developing games in Unity 5 and using Version control software (git)
- Experience shipping game titles
- Contract will be in-house at our studio. Preferably living in California or willing to relocate
Funktronic Lab's past work include Cosmic Trip
(VR), Starbear Taxi
If you feel that you are up for creating awesome 3D art assets for awesome VR/AR experiences, please send your portfolio/resume to [email protected] with examples of 3D work and animations.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!