Are you looking for a team of dynamic and talented people who are passionate about video games? Are you looking for a studio where diversity, open-mindedness and creativity are omnipresent? You’ve found the right place!
Gameloft, the largest mobile-gaming development studio in Montreal, is currently seeking a talented High-Res 3D Artist (Charater Modeler) to join our Cinematics team.
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set-top boxes and connected TVs. Founded in 1999 and a top innovator in its field, Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries. www.gameloft.com
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
As a member of the cinematics team, the successful candidate will participate in the production of trailers of the latest creations from Gameloft. The candidate will be responsible for character modeling for CGI game trailers.
• Modeling characters as well as creating textures
• You will become an integral part of the video production team and work closely with the designer and art director
• Demonstrate creativity, as well as adaptability to different visual styles (pixel, cartoon, realistic, illustration, etc.)
• Responsible for conceptualization and design: architecture, lighting and graphics
• Help produce 3D elements and / or any other related tasks.
• You have perfectly mastered 3ds Max and Photoshop
• You are capable of modeling and creating textures for high-resolution characters
• You have a solid background in V-Ray
• You are comfortable using ZBrush
• Video game enthusiast
• Knowledgeable about contemporary media (web, games, comics, film, animation, etc.)
• Open-minded and outward-looking
• Self-critical, organized and efficient
• Able to work unsupervised and under pressure
In order to consider your application, we require your portfolio or samples of your work (demos, animations, images, websites, etc.). Please provide the address of your website or portfolio if you have one.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why work for Gameloft?
• Join one of the most exciting sectors today and collaborate on projects with partners and clients that include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, Marvel and others
• Experience an exceptional, dynamic, challenging and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company
• Opportunity to learn in a professional environment with passionate people
• Work in an open working climate with dynamic teams from around the world where you can communicate with colleagues from other countries and cultures on a daily basis
• Enjoy excellent local working conditions and benefits (high-quality office space, group insurance, discounts with different companies, etc.)
• Flexible hours, paid personal days, and 3 weeks of vacation for a better work/life balance