Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WA 2000 Sniper Rifle

NinjaJoehenes48
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
NinjaJoehenes48 polycounter lvl 4
Hi, I just finished up this gun for my portfolio. It is 7,501 tris. I've been learning Quixel recently and this was my first project using Quixel 2.0. I used Maya, xNormal, and Quixel suite. Rendered in 3DO. Critiques welcome.

Replies

• aaronaton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aaronaton polycounter lvl 6
    v.nice mate, pretty low poly stuff imo. A few things that I can see could be worth taking a look at, firstly is the wood colour, the real steel wood is darker and has more red tones + variation in dark areas also, your current wood comes across as a little cheap and not as 'expensive'.  Also I think the scope could do with being looked at, atm you've attached a scope extender but have brought the lens forward, where in fact it would be set back a lot further, plus the extender would be screwed on, instead of being 1 solid piece.
  • NinjaJoehenes48
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The wood was kind of bothering me the entire time I was texturing it. I changed the wood color multiple times before this. I'll definitely fix up the wood. Also I'll fix up the scope. Thank you! 
  • Colditz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The edges are worn everywhere, that looks a little bit off. This isn't the case everywhere. Some edge getting any contact anywhere, you should think about this. Where does the weapon reach a surface. Where does the usage touch any surface to wear off a material or a paint? Keep that in mind.
  • NinjaJoehenes48
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Colditz alright, thanks! I'll definitely keep that in mind.