Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fallout 4 Arcade Machine Project - WIP

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Beard3D Bandit polycounter lvl 7
Evening Ladies and Gents, I've posted only a few things on Polycount but I am prototyping/testing some ideas on some props for Fallout 4 when GECK is available. The first being an Arcade Machine.

I just wanted to make one that suits the FO4 colorful, yet, post-apoc feel you get in the current world of Fallout.

Conceptually, I wanted to express form subtly, with the idea that it could be accessible by plugging your Pip Boy into it (much like when you enter/exit a Vault. I also want to experiment with Inserting holotapes to play the games that already exist. If all goes well, I intend to create several Machines that represent cool shit in the Fallout universe (Nuka cola versions, a MUCH larger one that is made by mutants and other designs that I may think of)

Anyways, was doodling this 'default' design with the intention to retop'ing it tomorrow.

Peace and Love,
Beardy.

Nothing special, just doodles for now. GOOD NEWS! I bought Ronald Jenkees latest album so that should motivate me more :D

Replies

• mats effect
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks like a good start the coin slot has that inflated look to it that is pretty standard for fallout props. I think what will really sell it is what kind of game runs on it. By that I mean there is a lot  of opportunities to do cool art on the sides for a video game thats exists in the fallout universe. 

Maybe there is a cable coming on that you can link your pip boy to it as well to record high scores or something. Just a thought. 
  • Beard3D Bandit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hay thanks for the feedback! The protruding piece where you mentioned is going to be where you can plug your pipboy in (the circular piece) and perhaps where you can slot in your game of choice (rectangular opening above it)

This machine will probably just be the base from where I can begin exploring tons of cool stuff. My end goal is basically, create a unique machine for each existing game with it's own art and physical individual design example: Atomic Command may have it's own machine that takes the form of an Atomic Bomb or even a converted Preservation Shelter.

After these machines, I can then explore other Arcade Machines that have unique features such as a Nuka Cola Themed one, in which you have to crack open a bottle of nuka-cola in the machine which would then use that bottle cap to enable you to play it :dizzy: 

Thanks for the comment bro!

Peace
    Beardy
  • Beard3D Bandit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A tiny update on the Arcade Machine. 

- managed to begin more on the design (high poly)
    - testing and experimenting with lighting in proportion to the form
    - gonna make a nuka cola holder on the side for giggles with shits

TO DO:
    - detail work on the back
    - Footrest on the bottom step
    - Rear door with small handle
    - (if this will be working and powered) then I need to make a conduit on the back, accesible when placed against the wall. Rear right top corner should be fine.
    - when all high pol work done, make some dents on the body for extra surface detail. 

Thanks for any feedback, it's more than helpful given you're all awesome!

Peace and Love,
    Beardy.

• Beard3D Bandit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

A little update!

- Decided to use this Arcade Machine for the game 'Atomic Command'
    - Design of the stick and the buttons to resemble that of the ''Big Red Button' typically known/associated with the act to initiate Nuclear war.
    - The design of the stick also resembles that of a warhead with a similar button on top. 
    - The color scheme isn't decided yet. 
    - The artwork for the panels on the sides Ill be doing after xmas, due to the face that Im cray cray busy 

TO DO:
    Finish high poly
    Model conduit that will power this thing
    Finish details and create money/caps dispenser below the stick and buttons.
    Begin to model Nuclear Bomb statue on top of the machine. (maybe)

Peace,
    Beardy.
  • Beard3D Bandit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Managed to do more work on the high poly. Got a few design ideas down in block form for now until I know what to go for.

I love how more 'out there' the style is in Fallout 4, so I am going for the more 'bubbly' feel in regards to it's form, yet the texturing and materials I will use with retain it's post-apocalyptic condition.

Peace,
    Beardy.
  • Beard3D Bandit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Basically done the High Poly :D