Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Dumb Question. How do I zip/improve performance?

Huss28
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Huss28 polycounter lvl 4
I'm a Quixel and Photoshop noob and I'm messing around with DDO. I'm onto my 5th material now and it's getting really slow. (I don't have a potato computer)

The faq[] says I should be zipping my folders but I assume that is for an older version.

" PERFORMANCE

Q: nDo2/dDo is running super slow! Help!
A: dDo In case you haven't zipped your detail groups we highly recommend you doing so. This is usually what is causing performance drops. "

What's the best way to speed up the material editing process?

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    You cannot zip DDO projects in the Suite, unfortunately. What you can do is press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and check the amount of RAM being used by Photoshop. If it's higher than 80 to 90%, go ahead and click on the dropdown menu in DDO (top right of the main DDO window) and select Save & Reboot Photoshop. This will clean up the amount of RAM that Photoshop is using and should speed up your project significantly.

That being said, how much RAM is installed on your machine? Are you working 4k or higher?
  • Huss28
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Huss28 polycounter lvl 4
    Synaesthesia said:
    You cannot zip DDO projects in the Suite, unfortunately. What you can do is press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and check the amount of RAM being used by Photoshop. If it's higher than 80 to 90%, go ahead and click on the dropdown menu in DDO (top right of the main DDO window) and select Save & Reboot Photoshop. This will clean up the amount of RAM that Photoshop is using and should speed up your project significantly.

That being said, how much RAM is installed on your machine? Are you working 4k or higher?
    16GB of RAM, 2048 textures.

During Fast Processing Mode, Photoshop is using ~15% CPU, 3DO is using 1-2% and SUITE is using 0
    It may be due to me using 1.8. I've just updated and will try that out
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Definitely try out Suite 2! :smiley: It's significantly faster than 1.8 in every way, and the results are also improved. Don't take my word for it - try it out and see!