Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Japanese ghost girl

this is my first post here, I was a little afraid of posting in this forum full of great people, but I think its time!

I will start with my last model, it was inspired in the japanese ghosts, I always loved them so I kind of wanted to make one, the creepier the better!:

also some more views:

what do you guys think? if its possible I'd also like to have a little bit of feedback or some tips, I'm still a student and I really want to improve.

regards

Replies

• ArtisticTiger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ArtisticTiger polycounter lvl 5
    Looks great, i like the facial expression a lot too. Sadly i don't have any tips/crits to give:P
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    This looks pretty damn good.  If I had any crits, the right hand anatomy looks a tad strange with the fingers looking a tad thin as well.  Also where the mouth opens up, I don't understand what's going on around it with her shirt.  Is it torn open?  The shirt tucks in above it which is strange...if it's torn, I would expect frayed edges and torn cloth surrounding the mouth.
  • Miziful
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thank you all so much for the comments

slosh said:
    This looks pretty damn good.  If I had any crits, the right hand anatomy looks a tad strange with the fingers looking a tad thin as well.  Also where the mouth opens up, I don't understand what's going on around it with her shirt.  Is it torn open?  The shirt tucks in above it which is strange...if it's torn, I would expect frayed edges and torn cloth surrounding the mouth.

if you mean the extended hand, I tried to make it look them like that but you're right, maybe I overextended a little bit.
    also the shirt is not torn, she's just grabbing it, like for showing the mouth, but as I said maybe i've applied the idea wrong
    what would've you done instead? everything can be applied for the next time :D

regards
  • kmacneil91
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kmacneil91 polycounter lvl 7
    Really nice work! The hair is realistic as well as all the wrinkles in the shirt. I agree with the comments on the hands. I think the fingers are just a little long in comparison to the rest of the hand. Maybe just a little more texture to the skirt, to make it look more like cloth? But otherwise I like this a lot!