Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Salamander Crossbow

Replies

• MartinBosak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks SHINIGAMI. Here are the screen prints from Maya. On some parts there is a lot of extra loops to keep the geometry even for the export into Zbrush in order to add some details. From there I exported the high-poly mesh for baking. 
  • Maxilator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maxilator polycounter lvl 8
    Awesome work! What do you add in zbrush after modeling?
  • Tzur_H
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tzur_H polycounter lvl 9
    looking great!
    there seems to be an issue with the normals on the eye patch rubber thingy on the night vision sight in the first post?  maybe it's just the lighting..
    what did you use to texture this?
  • St4lis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    St4lis polycounter lvl 7
    Cool stuff. The blades in the front stands out as less plausible than the rest of it. They are huge, clunky, a bit cartoony, and they would significantly decrease the crossbows firepower. And would they bend when you load the crossbow? Are they made of rubber?
  • St4lis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    St4lis polycounter lvl 7
    Also, it's not very readable. The shape is cool, but the texture and color variations are kind of the same all over, making it hard to distinguish the different shapes and features.
  • MartinBosak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you guys! I appreciate the feedback. In Zbrush I added the stock belts, leather stripes holding the knife, some fabric wrap on the right limb and front knife, tape on the front bottom handle and surface graining on foot stirrup and handles. The textures were done in Substance Painter. The blades are made of strong and lightweight metal. I see the point you made ST4LIS. In terms of textures the light hitting the blades quite compromised the texture but for sure I would made a coupe of changes. Again thanks for the feedback. :)