Home› Quixel Megascans

Answered: I can't get it to work

So I've had Quixel for about a year across five different computers and it's been useless so far. It's VERY hard to understand what's going on and despite watching a ton of tutorials I have no idea how they get to the point they do. When I import all of my various texture components it just seems to wipe them out and I'm let with a lot of open documents with nothing in them. There's no 3D viewer and there's nothing in the tool palette. If it asks me if it can bake a curvature map it ends up in an endless loop of continuing to ask over and over. I had hoped with time that it'd improve but I don't see any sign of that.

Rather than this just being a generic bitching session, does anyone have any advice for getting it working?

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    We're really sorry that you're having so many issues with the software, @Antidamage - we can try working through this here together, step by step, or we can take it to the Quixel Live Support Facebook group so we can get the developers to take a close look at what's going on with your copy of the software. :smile:

Let me know what works for you!
  • Martin_H
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Martin_H polycounter lvl 6
    So I've had Quixel for about a year across five different computers and it's been useless so far. It's VERY hard to understand what's going on and despite watching a ton of tutorials I have no idea how they get to the point they do. When I import all of my various texture components it just seems to wipe them out and I'm let with a lot of open documents with nothing in them. There's no 3D viewer and there's nothing in the tool palette. If it asks me if it can bake a curvature map it ends up in an endless loop of continuing to ask over and over. I had hoped with time that it'd improve but I don't see any sign of that.

Rather than this just being a generic bitching session, does anyone have any advice for getting it working?

I suggest to start with a simple testcase like 1 lowpoly mesh in .obj format and a tangentspace normal map that you baked from a highpoly mesh in xnormal, nothing else. See if that works and if not post the files and a screenshot of the incorrect results. I totally understand your frustration.
  • repete
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    repete polycounter lvl 6

Ok I wont turn this into a bitching session but not working across five different computers means YOU are doing something wrong.

I will try to help you get to the bottom of these issues but you need to post information on the following:

PS version
    Windows version
    System specs
    Administrative events (use the snipping tool)

cheers