Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Seam Terminator... Few other questions.

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Justinnd polycounter lvl 8
First off I'd like to say congrats on the release of 2.0! Despite the bugs, I think Quixel Suite is headed in a great direction.

As far as the questions go...

1) I don't see an option for seam termination anymore, not when loading a new project, or in Dynamask. Is this intended? (maybe I'm blind) :smile: 

2) I also noticed there isn't an option to start with a variety of maps other than the default presets. (I can't add additional maps on project creation)

3) After loading a project, then adding a cavity map, I notice Quixel no longer writes to that map. Say I add a dirt texture, I never get the dirt cavity texture. Is the curvature baking meant to replace that?

BUG) For some reason when using the metal materials it doesn't want to apply it to the ID I've selected in 3DO. If I choose a metal material with additional effect (say rust) then it works. Then if I go to that group where the ID mask is already established, I then can apply just a blank metal material. I tried this a number of times and the bug for me at least repeats.

Thanks

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey Justinnd!

Seam termination is currently disabled. It may be making a comeback in the future. The Suite does a pretty stellar job of avoiding seams on its own, and it's simple enough to paint them out, too! :smile: We can mention that you'd like to see the comeback of the Seam Terminator function on the Quixel Live Support group, however!

You can certainly add other maps on project creation. :smiley: I've attached an image showing where the additional map channel adder is located:

You'll see it at the bottom, above "Save in:" - the button is named "Add more channels..."

The Suite does not support cavity maps - but it does support curvature maps! 3DO will generate curvature maps for you from your normals, input mesh, or a combination of both.

Speaking of the Quixel Live Support group, feel free to post any bugs you find there. The developers are checking that group every few minutes for updated issues to fix! :smiley: 
  • Justinnd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justinnd polycounter lvl 8
    Great! thanks for the reply.
    Yes, if the seam termination tool still works as intended, it would be nice to have it as an option in addition to the new workflow 2.0 offers.
  • Foursaken_Media
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Foursaken_Media polycounter lvl 4
    Hey Justinnd!

Seam termination is currently disabled. It may be making a comeback in the future. The Suite does a pretty stellar job of avoiding seams on its own, and it's simple enough to paint them out, too! :smile: We can mention that you'd like to see the comeback of the Seam Terminator function on the Quixel Live Support group, however!

You can certainly add other maps on project creation. :smiley: I've attached an image showing where the additional map channel adder is located:

You'll see it at the bottom, above "Save in:" - the button is named "Add more channels..."

The Suite does not support cavity maps - but it does support curvature maps! 3DO will generate curvature maps for you from your normals, input mesh, or a combination of both.

Speaking of the Quixel Live Support group, feel free to post any bugs you find there. The developers are checking that group every few minutes for updated issues to fix! :smiley: 
    Interesting... mine does not have the "add more channels" button (was neither there on 2.0 or 2.01). Tried a fresh reinstall and still nothing. Also does not have the "x" boxes next to any of the maps...
  • Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sythen polycounter lvl 10
    Hey Forsaken, Please see: http://polycount.com/discussion/161818/answered-add-more-channels-missing#latest
    TLDR: I've been notified by Teddy that 'Add more maps' is planned to be added back to the base creator. Thanks for letting us know!