Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: "Add more channels" Missing

StormyBA
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
StormyBA polycounter lvl 8
In the base creator I am missing the "add more channels" button as seen below. When I click on where it should be I get the message "this has temp been disabled" 

How can I get this back? It's pretty important for my workflow. 

Replies

• Gordon Robb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gordon Robb polycounter lvl 2
    You can add them using the drop down at the top right of the dialog box. 
  • StormyBA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've got nothing in there either. I'm using CC2014 and ive upgraded to 2.0.1

• Foursaken_Media
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Foursaken_Media polycounter lvl 4
    Same issue for me too... I believe in the meantime you can add extra maps after you've created the project (top right drop down). Just an annoyance more than anything that I have to re-add maps every time I start a new project.
  • Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sythen polycounter lvl 10
    Same issue for me too... I believe in the meantime you can add extra maps after you've created the project (top right drop down). Just an annoyance more than anything that I have to re-add maps every time I start a new project.
    Noted, passing on the suggestion to the team!

You are correct, hitting the top right dropdown in DDo will allow you to add maps after the project is created. Alternatively use the suggestion by @StormyBA.

Hope this helps! 

Update: I've been notified by Teddy that this is planned to be added back to the base creator. Thanks for letting us know!
  • StormyBA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So to make my texture's I'll have to start with one of the random presets, hit create, and then remove most the maps and add the few i want?! Seems a bit of a pain. 

Always liked the setup of 1.8 with a big list of all the maps which you can just tick on and off. 

I understand the reasoning behind the presets but a lot of people, my self included, are using custom shades that do not match any of the predefined material selections. If anything I'd quite like to be able to create my own preset that just lives in that list that fits with our day to day shades.

• Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sythen polycounter lvl 10
    StormyBA said:
    So to make my texture's I'll have to start with one of the random presets, hit create, and then remove most the maps and add the few i want?! Seems a bit of a pain. 

Are you referring to the ID Presets, or adding additional channels to the project?
    Edit: If you're referring to the ID Presets, this system is still currently being worked on as it's getting a full overhaul.
    Sorry for the inconvenience. I will let you know as soon as it's ready. :)
  • StormyBA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No i mean the preset texture channels - such as Unreal, Unity, LoL etc etc

Because I cannot create my own I'm picking one of the above presets and added the channels I need. 

In the image below there is an "Add more channels button" just under the map channels! Cannot find this on my DDo

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    We're working on getting that feature back in ASAP. Hang tight, we'll make it happen! :smile: 
  • StormyBA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good news - thanks for the feed back!