Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Help me out! please take a look at my Scarlet Johannson likeness!

Hey Everyone!

My name is Will, I love doing characters, and I am looking for work currently as a Character Artist. No one ever grew to the point of being able to land a great position without help and critique from a great community, and you guys are the best!

I humbly ask you to provide any feedback and crits on my Scarlet Johannson bust. I am new to likeness specifically, and need every bit of what you got to tell me. 

Thanks a bunch!

Replies

• womball
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Could you post front, 3/4, side view, and overhead views? Also what references are you using? The eyelids should be a lot more defined and built up than what you have, ears look pasted on. As for getting the likeness I find that difficult due to different perspective per image, and tiny expression which move feature out of alignment. 
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    I would definitely recommend dropping down to a lower subdiv and working on the landmark locations and overall anatomy.  The ears are far too small and flat to her head, the eye socket is almost nonexistent (do you have an spherical eyeball in there?), the nose has issues underneath.  Honestly none of this is related to the likeness either.  I think your anatomy needs a lot of work before you can even worry about the likeness.