I am developing a node based image editor with native support for normal maps and 3D texturing.
Some of the normal map features that I have implemented are:
- Convert rgb image to normal image.
- Convert grayscale or rgb bump map to normal images.
- Modify slant and direction of normals.
- Blending and Mixing of normal maps using angle mask.
- Rotation and resize of normal maps.
- 3D Viewport with albedo and normal support.
My goal is to have a complete suite of tools for the creation of consistent textures for 3D models.
If you are interested in beta testing this software and contributing with ideas, please download the current version at www.pixaflux.com
Any suggestions, questions, or feedback is always welcome.