Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

CE3 SVOGI Tests

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
I've been testing out some of the new features in the CryEngine EaaS during my lunches at work. First off, this is not my environment. It is the Woodland level that comes with the engine, with assets done by Tom Deerberg, Ronny Muehle and Patrick Gladys

All of them use SVOGI, Exposure Value HDR, voxel-based fog. Each scene was started with basic real-world Luminance values measured in engine, as well as Lux and RGB values based on the average Kelvin temperature of the sun during the specific time. 

The first and third were the same lighting. The last 3 with the sphere and color chart were the latest that had a little more testing with the EV values, when I was trying to figure out how the min/max EV works compared to the real setting.

Replies

• Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    That looks amazing!  I've had a lot of fun with Unity's own implementation, although it's not quite as realtime as I would like it to be. 
  • FreneticPonies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FreneticPonies polycounter lvl 3
    Wow. Cryengine's been looking rusty for a while compared to like, UE4 and the stuff EA manages to do with Frostbite. But this looks great! Nice job.
  • amirabd2130
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    amirabd2130 polycounter lvl 7
  • leleuxart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    Thanks everyone! Can't quote, so...

Entity: Unity has baked-GI now right? I haven't messed with Unity before, but I'd like to one day! All these new features in Unreal and CryEngine keep pulling me back in  ;)

FreneticPonies: Yeah, they kind of fell off the map until they got SVOGI integrated a few versions back. I was originally just going to play around with it, until I saw the better lighting controls since the release of the original EaaS version. 
  • peanut™
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peanut™ polycounter lvl 19
    Super work Leleux, this is some serious art. Bookmarked of course ....
  • brurpo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brurpo polycounter lvl 8
    leleuxart said:

Entity: Unity has baked-GI now right? I haven't messed with Unity before, but I'd like to one day! All these new features in Unreal and CryEngine keep pulling me back in  ;)

Unity has Enlighten. Its quite nice, it is baked (takes a while to calculate) but its not static, you can change your lighting and the bounces change in real time.
    It does so for static geometry, but for characters and moving objects, you have to use light probes (fast to calculate) for it to receive light bounces from those static geometry, but it does not bounce back to those static geometry.

Cool thing about it, is that it calculates in the background automatically while you work, and only recalculate what it needs to (not everything if you move a tiny object, like you need with Beast for example)
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    Wow, it looks so soft and volumetric, cryengine really delivers
  • zenpat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zenpat polycounter lvl 10
    As I told you already, I enjoyed seeing this :smiley: 
    Btw: The artists who did all these props are Tom Deerberg, Ronny Muehle and Patrick Gladys (Me). 

Would love to see more of those! :blush: