Home News

Tekken: Blood Vengence trailer

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19

Namco Pictures released a trailer for their new CG movie, Tekken: Blood Vengence.

Growing up Tekken was one of my favourite videogames. I first played Tekken 1 in an arcade where I would spend my parents hard earned money trying to defeat Heihachi Mishima (I hope I spelled this right!). My favourite fighter was Yoshimitsu; I still remember his grab combo to this date. Lucky for me, throughout Tekken's 1-3 the combo never changed. Actually, come to think of it I'm disappointed no one tackled him for the Brawl Tournament. I would have loved to have seen what someone's reinterpretation would have been on a human samurai with a cybernetic arm.

Tekken: Blood Vengence has quite the team behind it: Dai Sato (screenplay writer for Cowboy Bebop & Ghost in the Shell: SAC), Digital Frontier (production company behind Resident Evil: Degeneration)  and directed by Youichi Mouri (Tekken 5 and Tekken 6 opening cinematics).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPT_qqJ12s4

Replies

• deadpixl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    deadpixl polycounter lvl 9
    This is what they should do for almost all video game based movies. I'd love to see a CG Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, or Starcraft movie.
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    saw this on Harada's facebook post.
    came buckets.. a couple of times
    *huge tekken player/fan*
  • R3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    To be fair, Spirits Within came out a decade ago.
  • 8-Bit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    8-Bit polycounter lvl 6
    In Spirits Within's defense, it wasn't a terrible film. Nothing was wrong with it fundamentally. It's only shortcoming came with Squares choice of title. I'm not sure if this movie will be any good, but it looks promising, and I'd say it's a lot safer than what was done with Spirits Within. At the very least they are using the actual characters from the series, and it seems to take place in the same universe we're accustom to. At least it's not a live action attempt.
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    I love that It's not trying to be realistic. Thats got to go in its favour.
  • The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13
    I'm really excited about this. Tekken has always been my favorite fighting game, in no small part to how diverse the characters are. Not to mention that the main characters (the Mishimas) are all evil bastards at this point in the story. This could be a really fun movie if they mix up things like the seriousness of the Mishima storyline with the more comedy based stuff like Law and Paul's constant shenanigans.