Home Big News

Dominance War V start date!

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19

Today, Fred Hultqvist announced the start date of Dominance War V: February 28th 2011.

Contest Information:

1. Dominance War V Main Challenge will begin February 28th 2011.
  2. To reduce workload and epic costs, all cash prizes will be eliminated. Only top 1st-3rd artists will receive prizes, but there will still be a top 25 and top 75 listing.
  3. To reduce workload and correspondence requirements, paid corporate sponsorships will also be eliminated.
  4. Dominance War, a non-business entity that is run primarily by a single insane artist, will be Donation based. Donations, if sufficient, will help add additional features like a public voting system for main challenge, student listings, Animation Category, Cinematic Category (DW6?), etc, and also help keep the organizer afloat during the functions of this massive event.
  5. Future corporate participation will simply be as inspirational support only - like Dominance War I in 2006 (t-shirts and memorandum).

The post began by stating that Hultqvist is back to running the show for Dominance War. Personally, I hadn't considered that he had outright stepped down as the organizer enough to consider this a come-back to the position. Either way, I'm glad to see the Dominance War V now has a start date and am anticipating a turn-out of talent unlike what we've seen in the past. It's also great to see that the events of late 2010 resulted in a contest that is more about the challenge amongst peers than anything else.

If you're interested in hearing about why Hultqvist is 'back', in his own words, check out the original post made at DominanceWar.com earlier today.

A contest like this is a great way to kick off 2011. And, while we here at Polycount get our ducks in a row for a future Challenge, we hope you will enter DWV and represent yourself and the Black & Green monster as you have for the previous four Dominance War's.

Replies