Home Big News

Friday's Forum Recap

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19

Another Friday, another weekly recap!

Unlike last week, this will not be a recap of the posts found on the News. We're changing things up a bit and recapping some nuggets found within the Polycount Forum for this week - the second week of June 2010.

Statistics

Before we get to the fun stuff I thought I'd throw some stats your way! In this past week, we've had...

• ...346 brand new, authorized, members of the Polycount Community
  • ...6679 replies made in the Polycount Forum.
  • ...257 brand new threads were created.

346 brand new members!? That's crazy. I reckon the Team Fortress 2: Polycount Pack contest has something to do with it! We'll see how these numbers compare in a few weeks!

The Goods!

So here we are! Some this weeks more interesting threads, just in case you happened to have missed them.

First of all, the WAYWO thread was on FIRE this week, as usual! There's a ton of greatness going on in here. If you're like the majority of our users, then you frequent this thread a few times a day. Whether its over coffee, food, a conversation or boredom I know you look through it. Here's a few goodies, just for you.

Xoliul has been hard at work on his Manitoba Crash site environment, and the Community has been eager to comment! Pay special attention to how well his colours work together to create this convincing landscape, which he nails first before diving in to the airplane itself. Perfect!

A Polycount 'classic' which was reborn by long-time member gauss, the Concept Tag thread is BACK with a vengeance! Check out these killer concepts that made its way in during the week.

Like a bat out of hell snoops3d swoops in and hits us with this amazing highpoly mini-environment old damaged door. This is some seriously impressive work. I would love to see him break this down to in-game meshes, with textures, and show everyone how he went about creating those assets.

Without spoiling a few things, I will say this: The amount of talent found within the TF2 contest forum is one of the most favourite 'moments' for me and my 10 years posting here at Polycount. What I love the most about this contest, is it feels like Polycount was back when I joined - a community about PPM's (or, 'Plugin Player models'). During the Quakes and Half-Life's most of the traffic was about creating models as characters for those games. Now, with this contest, it feels like the 'new school' of that approach.

So do yourself a favour, sit back with a drink or some music you like, and poke around the contest forum. And while it loads, here's a few tasty treats from within.

And there you have it, a very brief look at all the amazing artwork found in our forums this week. As the days go on, if you see something truly inspiring within the Polycount feel free to contact us and let us know, so we can be sure to let the rest of the Community know about it!

Happy Friday everyone!

Replies