Home Contests & Challenges Archives Killing Floor 2 - Guns 'n Gear - CONTEST HAS ENDED

[KF2] - Item Set - The Heated Argument

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
grabbity polycounter lvl 2
Good evening! I am a novice 3d modeler/sculpting artist and sketch artist, and I am enthused to try my very young hand at this challenge.

Time and again the end of the world has proven to call for a craftiness among several objects, and that craftiness is accomplished by fusing together said items, in particular both lethal weaponry and non-weapons to accomplish a coordination that just isn't natural. I wanted to design a cosmetic head item that invoked this very popular phenomenon and the two main themes that fall into place are safety and hazard, something to protect oneself against the zed horde and something to attack this Horzine Biotech catastrophe.

Warning: Dirty sketching ahead!

lYDHWIg.png
Behold The Heated Argument, a bicycle helmet paired with gas cables(orange) and a plaque(blue) bolted in the front part of the helmet where fire is spit out of the demon's mouth via the mouth piece/breathalyzer(green). There is also a shoulder-chest strap pack for carrying gasoline/propane on the character's back.
Helmet references:

bicycle-helmet-720px.jpg

full_1031_16052_BikeHelmetEarWarmers_1.jpg

Here is a dirty sketch of where I plan on going with the plate. The mouth is deteriorated/broken off:

Uv5MIXK.png
A firefighter's helmet is well in tune with heat and so as of current I am considering a firefighter helmet aside from a bicycle helmet construction:
euro-helmet.jpgabove-neck2.jpg

In posting this just now, I realized my design isn't a cohesive one under a single theme, rather it is mixed in two themes and therefore highlighted toward randomness :poly142: It might be back to the drawing board but I still plan on pursuing and pivoting this set :thumbup:

Replies

• grabbity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Currently working on what's essentially the most significant part of this item set, the mouth from which arguments are conjured. It's got to be big.

ETzqIk1.pngyZC4LyB.png

This is what it would look like on the metal piece, although I'm not so sure I want it to be on a piece now.
    hN7qTmo.png

High poly sculpting in Blender really is a pain :poly118: I'll finish the rest of the plaque to see how well it looks together.
  • grabbity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    (Apologies for being absent in my update)

So I decided for the firefighter's helmet instead of a bicycle helmet, as a firefighter's helmet would be more cohesive in theme and far more interesting. Am currently working on its design.

bJjUnDl.png.JYiVmZA.png

It's coming together more and more.
  • grabbity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm trying to reason whether the mask is too far from Briar's face. Maybe a bit? Maybe not?

fZNN42k.pngN25FgE1.png

P96A3Pf.png
  • grabbity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I pivoted a third time during the final week of this thing and decided for a gas mask. Came out quite okay I think. Next time :thumbup:

VvOhuNw.png