• whatever
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I cant install it,its alwways "Not installed" in dlcs,no matter what i do
  • RENDEREN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RENDEREN polycounter lvl 8
    With the new tools released, are there ways of extracting updated models from the client now?
  • swade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swade polycounter lvl 11
    Here's hoping that support for Loading Screens, HUDs, Music (etc) all get added in soon! Currently it's just couriers, wards and hero items.
  • motenai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    i still don't get this choice of keeping all the channels of mask 1 and 2 as separated textures...i end up with 50+ textures inside my folder...lol
  • ILM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ILM polycounter lvl 7
    RENDEREN wrote: »
    With the new tools released, are there ways of extracting updated models from the client now?
    Animation guide is at "coming soon" status since 2012.
  • Eddy Shin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eddy Shin polycounter lvl 6
    motenai wrote: »
    i still don't get this choice of keeping all the channels of mask 1 and 2 as separated textures...i end up with 50+ textures inside my folder...lol

now we have 2 option to import shader mask:
    first, we can create and import old shader mask of source 1 to new workshop tool and the system will auto created 4 map as 4 channel of that mask.
    and second we can create and import one by one channel of mask 1&2 as spec exp, spec mask, rim light, hint spec... etc :)
  • motenai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eddy Shin wrote: »
    now we have 2 option to import shader mask:
    first, we can create and import old shader mask of source 1 to new workshop tool and the system will auto created 4 map as 4 channel of that mask.
    and second we can create and import one by one channel of mask 1&2 as spec exp, spec mask, rim light, hint spec... etc :)

yeah but....it's so inefficient...why having 8 textures instead of 2?
  • Eddy Shin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

i have no idea, maybe they want us managed these thing more inefficient or source 2 shader mask working diffirent with source 1... hmmmmm i still have no clue :(
    p/s: shame me haha
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9

There's a new button above the 'add ons dialog' when you start up the tools , says something like 'launch item tools' (it's very easy to not notice.)

Hit that button and there's a really nice interface that imports all mask channels in one file like before.

The main thing is that the alpha channel is split form the diffuse.

(Thanks to Kite for pointing that out to me)
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Regarding the channels being split into individual textures : I think it's a good move, because it accomodates all workflows !

- People who were using scripts to spit out diffuse/mask1/mask2/normal TGAs out of a single PSD in one button press can continue to do so, simply editing their output according to the new system (and since individual passes require no channel swapping, this setup is now easier to work with)

- And, people who were (painfully!) editing mask1 and mask2 straight from the "flat" TGA textures can continue to do so, but now have access to the option of using layered PSDs for these maps (although it is still less efficient than using one single psd for all 11 passes of course).

That said, I haven't tried the new tools myself just yet. I sure hope there is a way to batch load everything in one click (just like the old importer allowed). If not, that would be indeed a waste of time :)

It is true that it will makes final asset folders look more busy, no doubt about that. But on the plus side I feel like it will allow for easier error management, as bad masks will be instantly identifiable. We'll see !
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    That and a multiple item importer (for sets)
  • quockhanhlk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    quockhanhlk polycounter lvl 11

My wild guess is it would be the base for something bigger-some function allow us to easily edit the masks individually, like the sweet mask value slider i've always dreamt about xD
  • RedCouch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RedCouch polycounter lvl 3
    Does anyone know a workaround to get the new tools working on a Mac?
  • whatever
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Please someone,my dota workshop tool dlc is still not installed even i checked it,i have no idea how to run tools
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reverendK polycounter lvl 7
    there should be an option for tools in the right click menu of dota2 in your games library
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i just looked at the tools tonight. i was really hoping it was a lot more open-ended as far as your implimentation options...something like opening a character model and having access to costume pieces/fx etc...
    but this seems to just be the same tools from the original client moved over into the new toolset UI.
    :(
  • whatever
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I had to uninstall it and reinstall it from my tools library - then the popup returned when I launch the dota 2 client asking if I want to run the game or the tools, as well as the tools showing up in the right click menu.
  • Swaggernaut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swaggernaut polycounter lvl 2
    Are the tools still a bit bugged, it seems like it's using some of the masks way too hard. Tried the same masks in Marmoset and they seem fine but when i use the tools they are so bright
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    that should depend on the hero and their material settings I think. What hero are you doing? I know for example Vengeful spirit's specularity is INSANE
  • Swaggernaut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm doing Earth Spirit, seems like the spec is really strng on him too...

bummer :/
  • motenai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah some heroes have very fucked up value range.....for esample Lina's spec exponent (alpha mask 2) goes from low to high in a range of value from 0-50... 50 to 255 is is just extreme and weird
  • Swaggernaut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And I'm guessing no one has any idea on how to decompile the in-game files? I need to test some animations
  • Eddy Shin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    excuse me, does anyone here have same problem with me when Valve update 6.85?
    now i can't use workshop tool, i have no idea
    EplvXg8.jpg
  • archie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yes I am getting that too
  • swade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swade polycounter lvl 11
    I was getting that error last night though as of 6:30PM PST Friday it does seem to be fixed.
  • Darren Pinard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Darren Pinard polycounter lvl 3
    Question for people,

Once you do load an item and launch a test map, is there no way to exit that map?

Must I reload Dota for every iteration of testing?

Is there a win game console command I cant find somewhere? Or is it just the leave match button I cant find. The other client you could just abandon the match.
  • Swaggernaut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Question for people,

Once you do load an item and launch a test map, is there no way to exit that map?

Must I reload Dota for every iteration of testing?

Is there a win game console command I cant find somewhere? Or is it just the leave match button I cant find. The other client you could just abandon the match.

I'm pretty sure if you have developer console enabled, you can just type disconnect and it will disconnect you from the game server
  • jenioss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jenioss polycounter lvl 3
    Hello guys, do you know where I have to put my particles model of a custom weapon I made? When I try the model in game using the demo, I can see there's the particles position of the basic weapon.. back in 6.84 there was a button to specialy import particles mdl, but now with that tool i can't find such a thing
  • Pickletron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, don't suppose anyone here is doing a Courier? I just get a bunch of errors with the new tool when he worked perfectly fine in Dota pre-reborn. Do I have to export things differently now? really hard to find any information on this.

Errors like: "Couldnt Convert FBX animation file"
    "Couldnt load reference animation"
    "GetFbxMaterialPath Failed"

etc..
  • DestroyerGR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DestroyerGR polycounter lvl 5
    Guys are the tools available for 64bit systems only?
  • swade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swade polycounter lvl 11
    Just an fyi for those that missed the patch notes, Loading Screens are now in! Hooray!
  • DestroyerGR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guys are the tools available for 64bit systems only?

Anyone?
  • jenioss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jenioss polycounter lvl 3
    Anyone?

no, its not only for 64bits systems. Why this question? :)

also, there's the steps to install it:

Right-click on Dota 2 in Steam and select View Downloadable Content.
    Check the box in the Install column next to Dota 2 Workshop Tools DLC.
    Click Close. The required content will begin downloading.
  • DestroyerGR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jenioss wrote: »
    no, its not only for 64bits systems. Why this question? :)

also, there's the steps to install it:

Right-click on Dota 2 in Steam and select View Downloadable Content.
    Check the box in the Install column next to Dota 2 Workshop Tools DLC.
    Click Close. The required content will begin downloading.

I follow the steps but the installation wont begin..Any ideas why?
  • DestroyerGR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    2elb380.jpg

i press close but the download wont start.
    I have Windows 10,32 bit.
    Please help,ive reinstalled dota and steam and still,the download wont start!
    Haaaalp

16kxh5u.jpg
    is this true? :/ Can anyone confirm?
  • quockhanhlk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    quockhanhlk polycounter lvl 11
    well i think that is pretty much true considering that those words came out of a Valve developer lol
  • motenai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, do you know anything about

1) how to import custom skill icons?

2) how to import vertex based particles (those that work with the geometry, like BH Jinada) ?
  • kendisan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Anybody here has a problem with uploading assets? i keep having binding errors.

I keep receiving this error after updating to Dota 2 Reborn Workshop

"Couldn't find any bones in the wearable that correspond to bones in the hero model. Wearable items must be skinned to the hero's bones to be submitted"

before the update I dont have any problem with importing the model.
    The model is already binded and skinned.

Do we have a new way of binding the mesh to the bones?

My procedure of binding before and now are the same. but when i upload the mesh to the new workshop, i get that error.

I dont know what to do anymore. HELP PLEASE!

Thank you guys!
  • Boonta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Boonta polycounter lvl 13
    Hey, don't suppose anyone here is doing a Courier? I just get a bunch of errors with the new tool when he worked perfectly fine in Dota pre-reborn. Do I have to export things differently now? really hard to find any information on this.

Errors like: "Couldnt Convert FBX animation file"
    "Couldnt load reference animation"
    "GetFbxMaterialPath Failed"

etc..
    Did you ever find a solution to this?