Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Commitment to Environment Sketches

Hey polycount friends. Here is my latest environment piece. Any crituqes would be great.

Also I was wondering if anyone had tips for sticking to your sketched out ideas. I have a hard time with commitment....:poly122:

Replies

• miguelnarayan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    miguelnarayan polycounter lvl 8
    I think it looks good, the focal point is well made, I'm not sure about the canvas size, the focal point looks very horizontal, while the canvas is vertical, "scientifically" speaking it looks like a fibonnaci grid, maybe it'd make more sense to be displayed as a horizontal landscape, although the fibonnaci itself is very well pulled off. I guess the most important is to feature that character silhouette at distance as well as the rocky almost alien like environment he is traveling on, but there is too much rocky environment, just my thought from someone who doesn't know what the piece is about, these details shouldn't matter.

Someone more experient will surely help you out better. As for sketches, I have story boards and other quick drawings glued with scotch tape around my bedroom walls, whenever I lack on ideas or feel like it, I return to them, take it slow, commit to them later, it ain't a race. :)
  • Machinealias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks! That's a great idea to keep all your sketches around you for inspiration. I do tend to race through ideas because I'm impatient. I'll keep your critiques in mind as I work on further images as well.