Home General Discussion

Quixel Suite 2.0

Replies

• seth.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seth. polycounter lvl 14
    I have noticed that having your rulers in PS set to pixels as a measurement helps avoid Ddo crashes....no idea why but it fixed an issue that we were having at Guerrilla a while back.

Intrigued by the new suite, looking forward to giving it a spin.
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    So, how does baking work in Quixel 2.0 ? How do you import the high-poly in there to bake ??? CUstom/Automatic cage ?
  • Fansub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    There is no High>Low workflow in the 3DO bakers just yet (only baking maps from highpoly OR lowpoly/lowpoly+normal), but we are working on it !
    So this is intended to be used alongside xnormal for now ?
    Exactly right! It will come very likely in a future release however with a bit of luck :)

Got this from Youtube Comments.

I think will should wait for some more detailed answers from Quixel regarding 3DO and Painting to see how it really is.Trailers are just trailers and while this one is awesome,seeing a practical example of texturing without video editing will help us have a better idea of what to expect and what to not expect (for now) from the Quixel Suite,feature and performance improvements-wise.
  • Deathrey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathrey polycounter lvl 4
    Amazing stuff. Never had a doubt that purchasing Quixel Suite was very good choice.
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats on the update, that painter tool looks niiicee!

I would really like to see a realtime video though... specially when it comes to the calculations as you update layers etc. because that video is saying it's an 8k texture... kinda have to see it in realtime to believe it.

Please more videos and no timelapse!!!
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    Congrats on the update, that painter tool looks niiicee!

I would really like to see a realtime video though... specially when it comes to the calculations as you update layers etc. because that video is saying it's an 8k texture... kinda have to see it in realtime to believe it.

Please more videos and no timelapse!!!
    Same here. I'm really considering picking it up, especially since it's currently on sale until the update is released.
    But I already own Painter, and I need to see how it really performs in practice first, instead of blindly relying on a carefully constructed demo reel.
    The brushes in Painter aren't that great, so the idea of being able to use Photoshop brushes directly in 3D space is very intriguing.
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn. I looked the video over again carefully, and it actually does not appear to use Photoshop brushes. It looks like it uses its own unique brush system to paint in 3DO.
  • repete
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    repete polycounter lvl 6
    From Eric
    repete - You will be able to use your own brushes as well! Allthough we have 500+ custom made 4K brushes in the painter :)
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    repete wrote: »
    From Eric
    That quote needs some context. It just sounds like you're able to create custom brushes in 3DO, it doesn't specify whether or not it accesses existing brushes in Photoshop, or if it even uses the same sort of parameters.
  • repete
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    repete polycounter lvl 6
    My question to Eric was: Are the brushes quixel only or can we use any brush we have in PS ?

I think his answer pretty much confirms that we can use our own PS brushes.