Home Quixel Megascans

Solved: DDO is having trouble exporting textures.

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
CJFerguson polycounter lvl 7
Hey so I create a project in DDO. The project is started with a variety of 4k textures. Some of them are tiffs, a couple are targas. I set the texel density of the project to 4k. And then it's all working, but when I try to use cross app mode or to export the images after I do the export menu it opens up a save prompt to save all the files as PSD's. It offers to save these PSD's in a folder that isn't the project folder, and it names them essentially what I as a non coder would describe as gibberish. And it does this for every map. I essentially get something for Albedo that says: A_zdkkflzkdjf, and for Normal I get N-azldfjzlkdfklj. Something like that. They always start with the letter of the map and descend into incomprehensible darkness.

Anyways, so I save these gibberish PSD's, or I have even changed them to Tiff's on one attempt to a folder, and then I try to go about my business, because hey, maybe quixel is just naming things strangely now. So then I'm trying to make changes to the textures the typical quixel way-clicking on stuff and moving sliders and going oooh, that color is pretty, but with EVERY change it wants to save out the maps again. Anytime I change anything DDO is all like. Ok time to save brother. Anyways, I don't know what the junk is going on.

I found a forum post about hotfixes for 1.8 so after I reinstalled 1.8 yesterday I did those hotfixes, and DDO is still throwing a tantrum. My next move is to convert all the textures to TGA's before creating the project.

I'm not a smart man Jenny, but I know that something in DDO should be working different.

Replies

• CJFerguson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • CJFerguson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hrmm. I had I changed it from 16bit to 8 bit and now it's exporting. I feel dumb. But also I don't know why it was doing that. Shrug? I think somebody has told me that 16 bit doesn't work before. Guess I needed a reminder.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Ferguson!

I think the issue here is file format, when doing projects as 4K or bigger, The SUITE saves the files as PSB instead of PSD. in 1.8 the exporter didn't work with PSB files, but the stability patch founde here should take care of that problem! Let me know if this clears things up.
  • CJFerguson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Eric, my problem was when trying to export 16 bit. It's working fine when I don't try and do that. I installed the stability patch before posting this. But everything is working now when I don't try and export 16 bit.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh ok, but catch then! It should be able to export 16 bits as well, I'll add it to the list. Cheers :)
  • CJFerguson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah so I did some texturing work and then was going to go home so I went to save the project and there was an error. Anyways, I tried to leave the project open over night but when I tried to work in it this morning it crashed. So then I tried to open the project and it failed to open. Going to restart the project and choose all TGAs this time. Maybe it'll work.

Edit. I am excited for 2.0
  • cpullma1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cpullma1 polycounter lvl 5
    I was having this issue yesterday and I found out the problem is the file type. I always end up using tga cause it's my default, but when I started trying the 16 bit option in dDo I started getting this error on export. I found out it is because I was trying to export out a 16 tga, which I don't think you can do since tga is an 8 bit format. So I tried exporting out a 16 bit tif and everything works just fine.