Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ZIS-5

iHhKiWk.jpg
Hello everyone. Lately I have been working on a car model, the ZIS-5.

I'm trying to get a more realistic result, I feel like at the moment my progress is stagnating, therefore I need some critique :) This is my first post on the Polycount forums so I hope I posted this in the right section.

Any advice or guidelines are welcome, I am really open to critique, I really want to push my standards so "negative" feedback will help me alot!
9MtYz1g.jpg
Jg62AfM.jpg

BKSFlHi.jpg

Replies

• Stinkfoot
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinkfoot polycounter lvl 11
    I'd rather give constructive feedback! :)

There's a lot of noise in the first 2 pics, i'd avoid stuff like that for now, as for the truck I'd add some wear and tear, I imagine this truck standing somewhere at a farm, blasted with rain, dirt and what not, paint bladder, some rust here and there. Unless it just rolled out of the factory, the wooden planks will look mighty worn after hauling severel runs of watermelons(?) to johnsons farm.

Just try to think of what it would look like if it where for sale at Sanford and Son, but now i'm making really far back references, but hope you it can get you going!
  • Carloh
    Thanks Stinkfoot!

The noise is due to the low quality render settings, for preview purposes. The wear and tear is a nice touch, good idea. Maybe trying to come up with a small story behind the car would improve the quality, thanks for the tips! I didn't have time to improve it but I certainly will soon!
  • Carloh
    iHhKiWk.jpg
    Today's update

added more wear & tear. I decided a studio setup wouldn't work so I'm creating an old garage scene.