Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Raining Forest Scene

devonmousseau
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
devonmousseau polycounter lvl 4
EDIT: The hard drive this was stored on recently died. So unfortunately I lost all of the work on it. So ths post is dead.

Hey guys, I've been messing around with UE4 for a tick, and this is the first time I've bothered actually putting anything together really.

The scene is very much wip, and probably will be for quite some time considering half of what I want to do, I have no clue how to. However a lot of you on here are pretty damn pro with this sort of thing, so I'm hoping to get help along the way if I cant find it on the web!

Like I said, flying by the seat of my pants here are some in editor screens cause
I haven't the faintest clue how to take regular ones. :poly117:

LZkjQ2W.jpg

brdyi7j.jpg

Crits are not only welcome but wanted!
Any help you can provide is appreciated :)

Replies

• reckzilla
    Offline / Send Message
    reckzilla polycounter lvl 11
    That's pretty god. damn. impressive Critiqe would be it's too dark. I love rainy scenes and I love dark scenes but speaking at wanting to show this off it's best if it's brighter so we can read all the details.
    Road-Dark-Forest-Spring.jpg

Something like this will really add to the scene let us see your awesomeness, I'm in love thought keep updating it and talk about you approach to rain in UE4
  • devonmousseau
    Offline / Send Message
    reckzilla wrote: »
    That's pretty god. damn. impressive Critiqe would be it's too dark. I love rainy scenes and I love dark scenes but speaking at wanting to show this off it's best if it's brighter so we can read all the details.
    Road-Dark-Forest-Spring.jpg

Something like this will really add to the scene let us see your awesomeness, I'm in love thought keep updating it and talk about you approach to rain in UE4

Thanks man :) I agree, I do like the night TOD. However that morning / mid day shot provokes some ideas. I'll a few TODs and see how it goes!
  • devonmousseau
    Offline / Send Message
    So, I went ahead and changed the TOD to something more reminiscent of what you suggested. In my opinion, it looks great! Thanks!

cHFUWpp.jpg

Next I will be finishing the huckleberry bush, which was added in this last post. Also, I'm going to have a crack at some fog particles.