Home Dota 2

Ambitious Project? Who`s in?

Replies

• Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    messin around, Don't know if everyone is cool with this look or not.
    polycount_greevil.jpg

Maybe they should be no taller than cart. Would be cool to have 4 different ones all a bit unique.
    I'd like to take on this project or at least some of it myself. They'll be small enough we could probably make one base mesh/sculpt. Then tweak 3 of the low polys a bit (one short/fat, one taller/skinner). Maybe a 1024 texture sheet that would cover all four of them and their gear. couple different helmets, shields, armor, etc..

If anyone can contribute more concepts it would be awesome.

The gems on the cart can just be generic models also used for the other actions.
  • No Pie For You!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No Pie For You! polycounter lvl 6
    cool stuff here. i`ll post the map block-out progress later today.
    i was thinking the generic fat greevils would have been more fun, but some slave/goblins would also fit the theme.
    ill concept the mineable ore deposits too. just... need.. some ... time....overburdened by activities....!
  • PrivacyEnt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PrivacyEnt triangle
    I was about to draw a concept for mining part I'll try to upload it asap !
    Agreed with no pie on the greevil, they are likely to be small and most of the model is the head. Huge heads little arms and legs etc. Stupidly smiley face with reckless movement :D Your concept seemed more like a goblin to me ^^
    Here is a little throwback to the one of the first ideas;
    The monthly competition winners' items could drop from the mine randomly and once or twice per match as you were to mine an iron ore and some other element/gem comes out. And whoever picks it up, gets the same stats with getting 2 bounty runes ? And there could be a sign that congratulations you just collected bla bla item ! You can vote for it on workshop to see it in game !
    -or is this too optimistic lol
  • No Pie For You!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BLOCKOUT!
    i just realised it`s HUGE. i`ll look for a way to scale it down
    evtQoN1.jpg
  • Swaggernaut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swaggernaut polycounter lvl 2
    WEW, that looks like a really good first step dude, great job! Guess we will have to start working on the assets. If you guys don't mind I could start working on the mine spots/spawns.
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    Yeah the cart pushers don't have to be goblins, but greevils could be confused with couriers?
    Also I think they should be armored since indestructable.
    We could also use greevils (or something like) for carrying the gems.

They don't have to be the same characters.

I've been playing some of the Overthrow game mode.

The desert stuff is awesome. The mine stuff is awesome too. (there are cart tracks, etc..)

It got me thinking,
    What about doing radiant side desert, Mine areas with the new mine look (it's purple undergroundy look with big mushrooms and random mine props (like arches for tunnel entrances)
    Then regular dire for dire.

That would give a distinct look for above ground on both sides and it would make the mine appear underground.
    I think we should try and do more detailed concepts before working on assets.
  • HeadCrabD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    update_2.png

im just try to understand more about dota2 hammer. seems it's get payback :P
  • Swaggernaut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swaggernaut polycounter lvl 2
    If we were going to do a lava themed map we should use the standard maps floor as it just doesn't really fit. We would have to redesign it and a great example of the would have to be black rock mountain from hearthstone/world of Warcraft
  • HeadCrabD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If we were going to do a lava themed map we should use the standard maps floor as it just doesn't really fit. We would have to redesign it and a great example of the would have to be black rock mountain from hearthstone/world of Warcraft

yeah. i know. i just made it for fun :P
  • No Pie For You!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yo headcrab. give me 1-2 more days to finish the main blocking out, and then ill put the map on the drive from where you can take it and edit it to look epic.
    after i`m done with this, i`ll start some more concepts on base designs and stuff, alright?
  • HeadCrabD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    two months gone. any progress?
  • No Pie For You!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unfortunately no. i had some issues with moving outside my country for a few months for study and i didn`t do anything. I saw everybody stopped saying anything so i thought the project is shelved.
    I still have the files somewhere in the computer. but i want to know. Are we still doing this or not?