Home General Discussion

Houdini for games professionals at Escape Studios London

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
mrnpc polycounter lvl 12
Hi, sorry for double post, I put this in technical talk as well

I'm Simon Fenton, Head of Games at Escape Studios. You may have already heard of us, but if you haven't we're a London-based VFX Academy, who develop industry-focused VFX and Games courses and are exploring the possibility of running a free 'Houdini for Professional Games Artist' course.

Having attended GDC this year, Houdini was creating a lot of interest, particularly at the VFX round table. As such, we thought of gathering Games professionals together for an intensive week long Houdini course at Escape Studios, here in central London.

We will canvas developers prior to attending to ascertain what they would like to learn in that week,*with the intention of creating an introduction to Houdini that is relevant and useful to real development. There's limited availability, with a maximum of 12 spaces (which will be limited to two per company) and it is only for professional developers working in industry.

Having already built established relationships in the VFX industry and with our innovative new Games courses fast approaching, we think it's time we give something back and build solid relationships with games developers. If there's enough interest, we even hope to start a Houdini user group for professionals from both Games and VFX.

If this is something that is interesting then please feel free to get in contact with me directly-

Simon.fenton@escapestudios.com.

Thanks for your time!

Replies

• Mant1k0re
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mant1k0re polycounter lvl 8
    Hey Simon,

this is great but if you have the know-how why not also creating e-learning material? You're right in saying that Houdini generates more and more interest and not only for established game artists. There's a market for that as well - just saying.
  • mrnpc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mrnpc polycounter lvl 12
    Hi Mant1k0re
    Thanks for the feedback, We have talked about doing Houdini On-line in the past but the demand has to be high for us to do at the moment. I will pass that on as I know it is something we would love to do in the future
    Thanks
    Simon
  • Aabel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aabel polycounter lvl 6
    Well if you go with online classes you will definitely get more than 12 people.

I would also encourage you to steer clear of intro topics, there is no shortage of that level of training for Houdini, much of it freely available.