Home Marmoset

Artifacts with Add Transparency

Jerry_Royals
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Jerry_Royals polycounter lvl 3
Hello, I need a transparent material for two of these bottles below. However, I'm getting this strange effect when I use the tint color picker in the 'Transparency Add' section of the shader. At pure white from the color picker its fine. At a darker gray I get the artifact stuff.

It has something to do with my geometry from 3ds max. I can't figure out what though. According to 3ds max my normals are fine.

lHPwMXB.jpg

01rouiT.jpg

Replies

• Jerry_Royals
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's more. This is the bottle divided into quads rather than tris. It's totally different. I can see into the bottle, again as if my normals are reversed...but in 3ds max all normals face outwards with the green backface showing inside.

*I've been using a copy of each bottle for just the transparent shiny plastic base because using 'Transparency Add' in Marmoset covers the entire object afaik. Disregard the cap in these pics. The errors are not from overlapping geo.

2VFbEBJ.jpg

mcNRTc8.jpg
  • Jerry_Royals
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I got some help. My normal map doesn't show inside shading...of course. My bottle isn't double sided and for some reason that never dawned on me. So I made a workaround. I flipped the normals of the bottle inside out. I placed the two copies on top of each other, one with correct normals and one that is flipped to get a double sided bottle.

Funky.

ozxpL5l.png