Home Technical Talk

Zbrush Project isn't loading.

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
SuperFranky polycounter lvl 10
Wanted to continue last night's work this morning, and couldn't. For some reason, Zbrush doesn't want to load my last two saved projects... This is what I get instead:

I get stuck into Draw mode and can't get out of it. If anyone knows how to fix this, that would be great. I really don't want to miss a full day of work :(

gq3LYt3.png
NRWLQEY.png

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Is the tool still loading with the project? If so you may just need to switch stroke types so that it will only draw once onto the document, giving you time to enter edit mode. If the tool isn't loading.... sorry.
  • SuperFranky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperFranky polycounter lvl 10
    No, the tool isn't loading.
  • Rocku_Babbuh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I too had this problem. My Zbrush project was loading with no visible object on the canvas, I could see all the sub tools in the list, but I was stuck in Draw mode without the ability to click EDIT, so I tried Cryrid's suggestion, went up to the Stroke menu, picked a random stroke type (DOTS in my case) and dragged on the screen. Eureka! My project appeared, and I quickly saved.  Thank you.
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Yeah you can try the solutions above. I dont use project save except to set up the doc, with a simple ball in it. Open up that and then my model. I noticed when my project gets over 3 gig it wont open, on my old comp and the new. Both computers are 64bit windows 10 and even with history save off, no use of morphs or layers the project file spirals pretty quick.