Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Scarlett Johansson Likeness

sci_mind
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
sci_mind polycounter lvl 9
Hey :)

Im working on my first likeness sculpt in zbrush. Here is what I have so far :)

7bQy3cR.jpg

Here is some of the ref i used.

FsdvPeY.jpg

MMsMq0k.jpg

MX2WC21.jpg

Replies

• nickcomeau
    Offline / Send Message
    nickcomeau polycounter lvl 4
    Hey! The front on angle is getting a pretty good likeness at the moment but I think the side profile still needs some work. One thing that is throwing it off for me is the angle of the labial fold, the angle of the ear, her forehead is a bit flatter, and the brow bulge (or lack thereof).

And the front will really get a good likeness once you break symmetry. Great start! :D
  • ScottHoneycutt
    Offline / Send Message
    ScottHoneycutt polycounter lvl 14
    I recognized the 3/4 view right away :)
  • sci_mind
    Offline / Send Message
    sci_mind polycounter lvl 9
    Thank you guys :) Yeah im still working on that ear lol
  • pangarang
    Offline / Send Message
    pangarang polycounter lvl 11
    Looking good! Just a couple of things that jump out at me at first glance.

- In profile view, bring in the upper lip. Right now her mouth is making a convex shape whereas in the reference, it's considerably more straight.
    - Bring down the eyes a smidge. The top of her eyelids are in line with the very top dip on her nose bridge. Your model has it in line with the center of the eye. This should emphasize the height of her cheekbones which is considerably lower on your sculpt.
    - Her cupid's bow is not as defined as you have it.

I know how hard it is trying to nail likeness. I'm trying to do the same with Chris Pratt - who in my opinion is a lot more generic looking than Scarlett Johnasson - ballooning weight notwithstanding.
  • GrungyStudios
    Offline / Send Message
    GrungyStudios polycounter lvl 8
    so beautiful, so sexy, the sculpts not bad either. seriously thought this is starting off great