Home Technical Talk

How to insert images into text field

Tom Widdowson
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Tom Widdowson polycounter lvl 3
Hi guys i know this is a really noobish question but how do i get my images to appear in the text field? I have got no idea how to do it haha

Cheers

Replies

• RN
    Offline / Send Message
    RN sublime tool
    You mean in your posts here?
    The standard way is to upload your images to some online hosting service, take their direct links and use these direct links with the Insert Image option at the top of the toolbox when you're writing your post (it has this insertimage.gif icon ).

If you have too much trouble with this, you can upload your images as attachments. If you're writing a post in some existing thread, click the Go Advanced button. If you're creating a new thread then you're already in Advanced mode.

When writing your post or thread in advanced mode, you can scroll down the page until you find the Manage Attachments button inside the "Additional Options" frame.
    Click that button, upload an image from your computer and it'll be attached to your post automatically. When you click Reply your attached images will be available at the bottom of your post.
  • RN
    Offline / Send Message
    RN sublime tool
    This is what a direct-linked image looks like (I uploaded it to Postimage.org and used the Insert Image option like explained):

chrono_Trigger_map.jpg

This is what an attached image looks like: