Home Quixel Megascans

Share Cusotm Materials between 2 computers

lukas.chrapek
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
lukas.chrapek polycounter lvl 4
Hi

I look at forum and I didn't saw any answer to my question.
I need to work on my project on my work computer and also on my home computer and I basically use only my custom materials, it is some option how to copy my mateirals from one computer to another, I try copy Quixel Suite from AppData\Roaming, but on another computer I had mateirals and all but when I put material on model, textures are missing only color without textures information.
Path to textures is same on both PC.

Thank foranswer and also for great tool.

Replies

• lukas.chrapek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lukas.chrapek polycounter lvl 4
    Seriously nobody? Even devs what answer question other people here? Thanks for help Quixel.
  • huffer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    huffer interpolator
    Just give it more time, do you expect an instant answer?
  • Avis Para.doc's
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avis Para.doc's polycounter lvl 9
    I believe it pretty obvious answer but maybe it will help. There is a option on main SUITE menu [configure shared directory], you can set that directory to a shared disc space in LAN for ease access all presets from any computer in any time in work local net. At hove you can use it through a flash drive. Just create the folder QUIXEL Presets and then connect it through menu option and then copy all your preset there in corresponding folder. If you dont have a texture when applying material try to check Patterns folder and copy corresponding patterns from it. You can easy find name of needed patterns from .XML file of you material.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry Lukas for late reply, Did you get your answer from Avis reply?

Your custom materials are not stored where you save them, you need to copy the
    XML file and the two jpeg thumbnals in order to view the material. When you paste your materials you
    Should paste them in Appdata/Roaming/quixelSUITE/Presets/Custom/Whateveryouwant

We are looking at an easier way to share and move your materials. Let me know if you have anymore questions!