Home Quixel Megascans

SOLVED: Extrem tiing problems with quixel suite

hey folks, after a very lond time i decided to try the quixel suite again, which i purchased a long time ago, right at the release. I had some issues with the new quixel suite thats why i decided to put it on ice.

After installing and playing around i noticed a issue which i had also right at the beginning. I would like to know if the issue is on my site or on the qsuite site.

My issue...
When texturing an object, for example with worn plastic, on a mesh 3m long, 0,4m wide "in max" the worn plastic mask for the scratches is extremly repeating like 4 to 5 times, how can this be? Same object in another texturing app, gives me perfect results no tiling at all and also very sharp details.

I'm uisng 4K textures, all the maps like Normal... Color ID etc... are also in 4K resolution. I tryed this also with 2K textures, same problem.

So do i have to setup something ? is there any option ? or what is the issue ?

23syoh4.jpg

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!

your problem is due to textel density, this is set when creating the project but can also be changed at any time with the "reimport inputs" button on the main DDO window. My guess is that it is set way to low at the moment, for a 4K texture on a "normal sized" object like that I would suggest starting at 2048, if it still tiles to much you can try 4096!

Let me know if this helps or if you have any more questions :)
  • David1983
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hi
    For the most of the masks it seems to help, thanks for the tipp.
    But with changeing the pixel densitiy to 2K or 4K another problem apperas, textures like wood, or some smart materials like metal with rust are loooking very poor "quality" for example the rust on the metal...
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    David would you mind showing a screen of this issue?