Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Fogbrain's book of not-so-wonders

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Fogbrain polycounter lvl 5
Hey guys, thought I'd share sketchbook stuff with you lot, just on the small, meaningless sketches and projects that wouldn't really see much light on the web considering the quality, but I'd love some feedback, so C&C is very welcome. I'll try and post as often as I can, whatever I can. Be it sketches, sculpts, or models or whatever. It'll go here if it ain't worthy of being in the main places.

For now I'm gonna post my sketchbook from around December 2014 to Feb 8th 2015, I've never really been serious about sketching until now, so it was really awesome to see a sketchbook filled out for once, and also post whatever tests and tryouts I've been doing that'll compliment future major personal projects.

Link to sketchbook: http://imgur.com/a/H4Nhh

Eyeball I worked on one day recently, testing out realistic rendering.
matthew-karlson-render.jpg?1423636268

Tried to do a full body sculpt in kind of a greek sculpture style in like an hour, but I failed that hard and spent my whole time allocated to just doing the head correctly as I can within 1 hour. Can't speed sculpt to save my life.

mPD6ezn.png
pd86uDn.png

Also tried doing some renders in Modo for once, I quite like it alot, really cool stuff.
wiEhabL.png

Did some painting recently, I liked these two enough to put on the folio.
matthew-karlson-paige.jpg?1422404190
matthew-karlson-tracer.jpg?1420270036

Also some anatomy/pose study
matthew-karlson-anatomystudy21-1-15.jpg?1421829241

And here's the sketches from the past 2 days
B9iulRCIIAARnAe.jpg:large
B9eeKi0CcAAdwW3.jpg:large

I post any noteworthy sketches and personal projects on my twitter @FogbrainArts, so if you're interested, check me out there and listen to my ramblings.

Or if you wanna check out my artstation, its http://artstation.com/artist/Fogbrain

Replies

• Fogbrain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sketch from today, I won't post sketches all the time, I don't wanna overdo it. But I thought this came out alright today.

B9s4BC7CEAEUGs2.jpg
  • Fogbrain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did Black Cat for today's Sketch
    B9ygTj6CIAY6DX1.jpg
    @FogbrainArts
  • Fogbrain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    B939V6ZCAAE_Y1h.jpg
    Dr. Doom from today's character sketches. Yes actual art will be here soon..
    @FogbrainArts
  • Fogbrain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    B99r2wOCYAAiwQp.jpg:large
    Samus Aran from today's sketch. Gotta stop pressing the pencil so hard and scribbling in bad places.
    @FogbrainArts
  • Fogbrain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sketches came to a halt these past few days, cos I really made a mad dash to try and finish my polycount riot contest entry, which I missed the deadline by a mile, dropped the project for weeks and I came back and really decided to have a go.

matthew-karlson-finalposes.jpg?1424296891
    matthew-karlson-finalhighpoly.jpg?1424296778
    matthew-karlson-finalwireframe.jpg?1424296784
  • Fogbrain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Continuing on a male anatomy study I started a while back, and I should finish it. Basing the body type off Brock Lesnar, wondering if I should take the likeness to the full extent or come up with my own male body type/face etc.

Food for thought...
  • Fogbrain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello again, been a while. Forgot to update. Been working on some projects, been getting programs, updating, filling sketchbooks. I think I've been busy. Who knows, I had a pretty rough year last year personally. But all that aside, I've been back to work busy looking for work, working on this and until this is done the other 2 projects are on hold.

Currently making a clay-like sculpture based on male anatomy, the forms of the body are being done in a sketchy, realistic way, with the intention of making it look like accurate anatomy and also clay material. The material definitions haven't been finished yet, just working on getting the anatomy correct, while also formulating the clayness for when the material part comes in after, which I'll do in layers like fingerprints, clay splotches, cuts, etc.

C&C welcome.