Home Marmoset

Turntable help?

TylerSorg
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
TylerSorg polycounter lvl 4
Maybe I have been up for too long, I have a scene set up. 3 lights, and I use the environment light slightly turned up to light the remaining areas, and I have reflective armor on my character so I want to see the shinniness. What I want is teh character to turn and the Lights and the environment to be tied to the camera, I can put lights under the camera and render the rotation of the camera, but the enviro stays.. and so does the shadows and reflections basically. What am I doing wrong, do I need to roated and tie someting else together, do I need to use the stuff in "animation" if sho how? Is that in conjunction with settings.

basically iw ant everything to stay still and just the character to rotatate, i alwasy want the same lighting from the position of the camera, and only the model to turn.

I will try a few more setting to see if I am under or over thinking something.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The options in the animation tab are there to provide a preview on the turntable animation, however, they do not relate to the turntable export function.

In the turntable export options (ctrl+p) there are three types of turntables:
    1. Camera, which rotates the camera around the scene, the models, sky and lighting stays in place
    2. Scene, which rotates the scene (models, lighting not attached to sky) while the camera stays in place
    3. Sky, which rotates the sky while the models, any lighting not attached to the sky and camera stays in place.

You can use the sliders in the animation tab to preview each of these modes.

Try attaching the lights to the sky object and using the scene rotation type, I think that will give you the result you're after.
  • TylerSorg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, yea im going to just say I was up to long.

I can't believe I didn't do that... lol thanks
  • TylerSorg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    actually that didn't do what I wanted. see the shadows are stationary on the body, this is an earlier render, it seems exactly the same with what you suggested, when I rotate scene in the previewer it seems to rotate correctly, when I did what you said or set other different renders up it does not. ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLT8mp-E5_8&feature=youtu.be
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Make sure the turntable type is set to scene in the little drop down in the capture options (crtl+P), if it works in the animation preview it should work when exported as well.
  • TylerSorg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LOL your the best earthquake I def have a lot of folders on my desktop (temporarily) and toolbag names them turntable000, 001 etc for some reason 000 was something else and the 3 renders I needed where 001 002 and 003 oops. I found them now.

Sorry about that thanks for convincing me I still was doing something wrong.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No problem, glad you got it sorted out. Let me know if you have any other questions.