Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM - Ragnar's Pride - karbon protokool

Karbon Protokool
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Karbon Protokool polycounter lvl 2
A Viking Throne Room is what I'm going to make. I already started with modelling and meanwhile searched for references. I will post some of the reference and the model soon!

Below a Style Board with references for the Throne Room I want to create:

34zdflj.jpg

Replies

• Karbon Protokool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I already started with the base of my Throne Room. I wanna put a lot more woodwork in the scene, for example the tribal marks they used as decoration. In the back of the room I placed two firepits for the orange lighting of the fires which create a nice atmosphere because it's going to be a night scene. I will also put torches on the poles for extra light.
    Of course I'm going to put a lot of handpainted textures in them combined with realistic textures.
    The Throne itself will be from wood with ornamentals. I want to design the sides with wolf figures with their tales to the top of the Throne.
    I just can't work on this project a lot because I have a lot of other stuff to do:P I need to be realistic about what I want to put in and what is doable.
    About the scene, I think I should make it a bit less straight and use arc type objects.
    Any suggestions and feedback about this are most welcome:)

Below my first test render of the Throne Room:

21eawis.jpg
  • hewitt96
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hewitt96 polycounter lvl 10
    Awesome!! looking forward to this. Our team was at one point considering this type of throne room. Glad to see some is doing it. :D
  • Karbon Protokool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks! Sorry I already did it then:O Still got a looooooot of work to do:P
  • Karbon Protokool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Karbon Protokool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Started with texturing some of the elements of the throne room.
    Here's my third wip:

5aq6b9.jpg

Still need a lot of texturing done and I will just render the scene in Max instead of using a game engine. Still need to learn a game engine for a nice in-game result.