Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM - Inside the Dome - TooL

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
TooLzor polycounter lvl 10
Well...This time I swear I'm gonna at least make a bigger effort than before...

Anyways:

Putting things together in my head still but it's likely to be something with a very sci fi feel, so metal plates and such, but inside a dome with a hovery throne chair inside.

Think I'm going to make things quite dirty as well as if it hasn't been touched in a very long time...except when the king got up and left.

We'll see how it goes...debating sketching or just starting to model some stuff.

Gonna use:
UE4 - Presentation
Sub Painter
Sub Designer (probably to make materials/tilables)
Maybe photoshop for some brushes if I need em...not sure yet.

Edit:

Oh yeah...forgot my name on this forum isn't TooL...aaaanyways.

Replies

• TooLzor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    56f267c862.jpg

Starting to mess around with shapes for the bottom part of my throne. It's going to be a throne that hovers in the air above this...wanted to render it but for some reason my max is flipping all my polies and I'm too tired to deal with it.

Got to play with the Bend of Brothers script to make the bottom part of the base (top is just a lathe)
  • TooLzor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ee1d654128.jpg

Worked a bit more on the upper bit (added some trim ish stuff) and then did my blockout for the actual chair part of the throne. Not sure if I like it or not

EDIT:

EDIT:a6cefd555c.jpg

Just trying stuff on and off. Debating just making floaters for panel cuts on the outside but not quite sure how the bake will go (never done angled floater baking before)

Anyways, got the bottom cushion blocked out. I want to make it like the Egg chair things that are out here now (cause they look sci fi already) BUT I wanna add like the over stuffed leather cushions on the inside cause this king is one of comfort, never having to leave his throne.