Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM - Bohemian - Cheungygirl

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Cheungygirl polycounter lvl 8
First time posting, a bit nervous about sharing work on here to so many awesomely talented people! But I'd really like to challenge myself and be more active in the community and not be too scared to ask for feedback :P

Anyway, I'm thinking of going for a Bohemian/Gypsy style: warm lighting, strong colours, rich fabrics and patterns. I've also been looking a little at Persian and Moroccan styles. I have a Pinterest board here.
references.jpg?w=1200

Perhaps a little ambitious for myself, but it's a new year so why not!
So that's what I got so far, good luck everyone!

Replies

• Bruno Afonseca
    Cool! I like the reference, I'll keep an eye on this thread. Good luck!
  • Gripley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The references here are so nice to look at, looking forward to seeing how it'l come together as a throne room. :D
  • luthyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luthyn polycounter lvl 8
    Very excited to see where this goes :)! Love your reference!
  • marquism
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very interested to seeing how this go. :)
  • Cheungygirl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments :D Really hope I can produce something people will like!

Here's a couple of scribbly concepts I've done so far:
    concept1.jpg?w=848

concept2.jpg?w=848

Don't really want to spend too long on concept-ing because I want to get started on the 3D part and spend more time on that. Also the second concept is pretty close to what I had in mind.

Feedback is always welcome :)
  • RogelioD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RogelioD polycounter lvl 12
    Great idea! Will love to see how the colors work together with this- I think the palette will really sell the scene!
  • Lilith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool idea, always wanted to make something like this too :)
    I also like how compact your scene is, it`s not a giant epic room, but has a lot of nice details.
  • limeforce
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    limeforce polycounter lvl 7
    How's this progressing? Interested to see it in 3D :)
  • Cheungygirl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello all!
    This is what I've been able to do so far, not a whole lot yet, just the blockiest of blocking so I know where to put things, and I just rendered this in Maya, so the lighting won't be like this in the final thing!

01-3.jpg?w=923

I hope it looks ok so far? :poly136:
  • Cheungygirl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I haven't posted in a while due to life and all that jazz, but I have been working on this when I've had the chance. Hopefully I'll work on it a lot more in March and get it done on time...!?

So this is as it stands now (Maya draft render):
    03.jpg

It doesn't look like it's changed too much, but I have been doing some sculpts. I'm not proficient at using ZBrush just yet, so this has been really good practice!
    lanternrender011.jpg

burnerrender011.jpg

pillowsrender011.jpg

candlesrender011.jpg

None of them are final textures, so I've got a lot to do!
  • Cheungygirl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Darn! I haven't had much time to work on this recently as I had to do lots of over time for work :'( Definitely not going to get it done in time. Curses!

This is a Maya render of where it's at now and along the lines of how I wanted it to look, there's quite a few bits that I didn't get round to sculpting/texturing :(
    mayarender.jpg

I admit I felt uninspired for a while when it came to the actual throne, and I just couldn't quite picture how I wanted it. But eventually I changed the shape of it altogether and made a start on sculpting, this is the latest WIP for the throne from ZBrush:
    thronewip.jpg

And this was what I got so far in Marmoset Toolbag...a throne-less throne room!
    toolbagrender.jpg

Since I haven't had time to finish it for the deadline, I'm going to take my time and keep working on it till it's finished :')