Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM – "Throne 1541" – WarrenM

Replies

• WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauravcm wrote: »
    Looks great, Warren!

I'm following in your MODO + UE4 footsteps at home and was also eyeing Substance Painter, but I still have to master the basics of getting normal mapped static geometry properly set up in-game. How are you getting mesh collision from MODO to UE4? I'm going very slowly these days, but I'm going to get there...

Hey ... well, basically just have a series of convex meshes in your scene that are named with a UCX_ prefix. When UE4 imports the mesh, it converts those into collision. Easy.

So if you have a mesh in your FBX called "chair", have another one called "UCX_chair" that is the collision. You can have multiple UCX meshes of the same name and they will all become separate primitives.
  • Grusti
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Grusti polycounter lvl 10
    Good stuff man! You did a great job
  • Spoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon polycounter lvl 11
    Yeah, nice work, Warren. And congratulations with being done! What does freedom taste like? :)
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hahaha ... Clean air! The sky!! *runs*
  • BJA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BJA
    Really nice interpretation of a throne room, turned out great :) also nice and clean assets, although a bit too clean for my taste, considering how messy that desk looks. Some subtle dirt and stains on the floor, desk, keyboard etc. would have sold the theme a little better I guess.