Home Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM – Algor Mortis – CrunchieNut

Replies

• Jon Mills
    Offline / Send Message
    Jon Mills polycounter lvl 6
    This is looking awesome!, cant wait to see this finished
  • CrunchieNut
    Thanks everyone for the comments. I had a bit of a slow week and took a break :)

Started reworking some of the throne this weekend to bring more definition to it. Need to do a general pass on the hand to tie it all back together

AUUI4WB.jpg

SaiJbnO.jpg
  • CrunchieNut
    Couple of small updates, haven't had much time to work on this recently. Just a flat bake for the moment to see how refined throne looks in the scene

eohln1S.jpg

MnncMCu.jpg

http://youtu.be/hBxcia9BLvA
  • Kazperstan
    Offline / Send Message
    Kazperstan greentooth
    Looking good! really liking the throne now!

My only crit is that I feel you might have a little too many colours in your lighting at the moment and it took me a second to remember its a face on the left so he might need a little rim and fill lighting on him.

The orange can still be there I think it might just need de-saturating quite a bit.

EilAg44.gif
  • CrunchieNut
    @Kazperstan: Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I want a secondary colour in there somehow to draw attention to the throne, just not sure what source to achieve it. Its a little over the top there as well, I like the more subdued version you put on there.
    With the face, I want it to more be a secondary thing.. and maybe the gold is a little overboard. I dont want it to grab too much attention from the throne =/

I was finding it all a little dreary so I did a bit more work this afternoon on the lighting. Throne is still not textured really, and probably a little blown out at the moment.

I want to get show some of the transmission of the ice without sticking in random sources of light too. Still experimenting! :)

df7oFtQ.jpg

3JqU9DJ.jpg

B4l04bq.jpg
  • AbKI
    Offline / Send Message
    AbKI polycounter lvl 6
    Wow. Congratulations! This is really awesome. :)
  • Farscaper
    Offline / Send Message
    Farscaper polycounter lvl 2
    Awesome indeed. I bow before your talented hand in more ways than one.
  • Spoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon polycounter lvl 8
    Farscaper wrote: »
    Awesome indeed. I bow before your talented hand in more ways than one.

TMI!!