Home Quixel Megascans

Smart Objects ?

CreativeSheep
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
CreativeSheep polycounter lvl 8
Does the present version of nDo2 support smart objects and smart objects masks ?

Replies

• Avis Para.doc's
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avis Para.doc's polycounter lvl 9
    No I believe NDO does not support any Smart objects. But I don't think that it's a big trouble for work.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!

In both ndo2 and the suite version of ndo there is normal zipping which work in a similar way by merging a normal element non-destructivly in to one single layer, but without the performance and disk size issues of smart objects. is that what you´re looking for?
  • CreativeSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!

In both ndo2 and the suite version of ndo there is normal zipping which work in a similar way by merging a normal element non-destructivly in to one single layer, but without the performance and disk size issues of smart objects. is that what you´re looking for?

What I meant was; you turn an nDo layer into a smart object, this enables the user to use vector masks, or layer masks !
  • Avis Para.doc's
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh, I was thinking that you want convert smart object to normal layer:poly136:

But I dont get a point to use smart objects. If you want apply a mask to layers you can do it thru layer group. Only point in using smart object is to copy many details on texture and then be able to change only one of them and it apply changes to all other details. Using smart objects is very painful to PS performance.
  • CreativeSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh, I was thinking that you want convert smart object to normal layer:poly136:

But I dont get a point to use smart objects. If you want apply a mask to layers you can do it thru layer group. Only point in using smart object is to copy many details on texture and then be able to change only one of them and it apply changes to all other details. Using smart objects is very painful to PS performance.

Layer Groups apply the mask to all the layers within the Layer Group, that is not always the desired result. I wouldn't say smart objects are painful to Ps performance, the only time they are painful is when system resources are weak, web graphics and so forth, any system can handle, obviously 4K images will depending on system resources cause Ps to become painful :)
  • Avis Para.doc's
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    :poly121:Yes, in some projects we have a 100+ smart object in our albedo .PSD, and 4k texture are really slows down work process. And even top i7 with 16gb and SSD can't handle it smoothly.