Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Bear (Crit Appreciated)

Hi Everyone,
Making a sketchbook to record my progress, improve and hopefully help others aswell. Focusing a lot on anatomy and character art.

Heres some anatomy sculpts I've been working on. I want to make sure I have the basics down before I start refining.

Thanks for reading :):poly122:

Male anatomy:
2QUvj9P.png
shzQ83e.jpg

Replies

• Myging
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That is some pretty impressive anatomy knowledge you show right now. I think you can move on to putting clothing on your models and make them more refined. In my opinion, where to put the folds on a clothing is harder than the actual nude so it's time for you to dig in. Good stuff, keep it up!
  • BƎAR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Myging wrote: »
    That is some pretty impressive anatomy knowledge you show right now. I think you can move on to putting clothing on your models and make them more refined. In my opinion, where to put the folds on a clothing is harder than the actual nude so it's time for you to dig in. Good stuff, keep it up!

Thanks dude! Yeah you're right, going to delve into folds soon.

I did another male sculpt, inspired a fair bit by the sculptures of Richard MacDonald.
    Also an update on the female sculpt.
    N3d7x0m.pngRm2cjBc.png

QQoCPpx.pngngTJi11.png
  • BƎAR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Todays WIP adventure into cloth:
    So frustrating, but really getting into it. Hopefully I'll get it to a proffessional standard with threads and buttons. :)
    KCzffwt.png
  • ErikNilsson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErikNilsson polycounter
    Sweet, Nice sculpts man!
  • knaaz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your anatomy skills are insane man, I especially love your facial sculpting.
    Your clothing is nice but the jeans feel incredibly tight but it might be the look you're going for.
    Keep it up man
    Got any updates?
  • Myging
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good to see the updates! It makes me so happy that you did clothing as well. I'd suggest to keep doing clothing on characters for a while. You already know about the trousers of your female character but I am sure you can find good fashion references or you could ask any of your friend to pose for you while you make a photo/study. (It depends how long your friend is willing to stand :D).