Home Quixel Megascans

SOLVED: Reopen custom materials as a project?

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
aphexx polycounter lvl 12
is there any chance to reopen previously custom built materials, to assign reworked textures e.g.
i could surely make a new mat and overwrite the old but i used the reflectance colors to tweak the outcome, therefore these would need to be set again by hand.

Replies

• Avis Para.doc's
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avis Para.doc's polycounter lvl 9
    If I correctly understand you there is a way to do it but thru file edit.

If you go to your QUIXEL folder

...\script\presets\Materials\...

or your shared presets folder you can find a .xml file called like your material (just search it there). Open it with Notepad of Wordpad and you will see something like that.
    (If more input maps were used then more corresponding lines will be there)

<Material MaterialID="Beton Simple_tDYzTeNa2kyJxXER9vH_QA" PhysicalID="">
    <Maps>
    <Albedo Reflectance="848581" FillOpacity="100" Opacity="100" Blend="normal" MaterialIntensity="50" MaterialBlend="linearLight"/>
    <Specular Reflectance="222222" FillOpacity="100" Opacity="100" Blend="normal" MaterialIntensity="50" MaterialBlend="linearLight"/>
    <Gloss Reflectance="0F0F0F" FillOpacity="100" Opacity="100" Blend="normal" MaterialIntensity="50" MaterialBlend="linearLight"/>
    <Normal Reflectance="808080" FillOpacity="100" Opacity="100" Blend="overlay" MaterialIntensity="50" MaterialBlend="linearLight"/>
    </Maps>
    <MaxTexelDensity>1024</MaxTexelDensity>
    <OriginalWidth>1024</OriginalWidth>
    <OriginalHeight>1024</OriginalHeight>
    </Material>

All that lines encode a simple Fill Layer preset of your mat so you can use it.
    Now you can copy your exact color value from Specular/Gloss/Albedo. And create or overwrite new mat and paste old values thru DDO UI or that file.
    Good idea to just investigate how exactly DDO works to define how to resolve problems or just dont encounter them =)
  • aphexx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aphexx polycounter lvl 12
    that's perfect, thank you avis! this is a good workaround.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you very much again Avis!!

Aphexx let me know if there is anything more :)