Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[CE3] Mountain Lodge

Replies

• AkiRa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AkiRa polycounter lvl 6
    Man...how could I miss this! D:
    This is looking really insane man! Super amazing lighting and quality!
    Absolutely loving the materials!

Quick question:
    Did you separate your interior from the outside using a VisArea? How did you achieve the interior lighting?

Awesome work man! Very inspiring!

Cheers!
  • currve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    currve polycounter lvl 3
    Young can achieve that by using environment probes and by giving them a sorting order- like layer in photoshop ;) and of course you need the right settings.. As he said here (and please correct me if I'm wrong with this) or on the crydev forums he used a custom ssao to gain that 'feeling'. Can't say it often enough: quite a wonderful job!
  • wester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wester polycounter lvl 13
    This is unbelievable! I am loving this trend with cinematic videos showcasing peoples environments! Fantastic!
  • TheWalkerGod
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Do you mind explaining some of your texturing workflow? These textures are blowing me away right now. They're so realistic.
  • Zer0Naught
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fantastic stuff. Cannot wait to see the breakdown for this. This is the quality I wish I was at!
  • Sweetangel0467
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sweetangel0467 polycounter lvl 10
    synergy11: Thanks! I pretty much hp modeled everything in 3ds max. Sometimes I imported a texture to a plane in 3ds max and then shaped the geometry after the reference picture. I then made some interesting shapes (bend, twist, ffd) to get enough variety. If i needed more detail I imported the object to zbrush for some sculpting. Then I rendered everything to a plane in 3ds max.

For one of the bushes I used fibermesh i zbrush to generate leaves to some smaller branches. I didnt use speedtree or xfrog.
    I will try to cover this as much as possible in the breakdown :)

Without even knowing it I kind of made a tutorial about doing something similar. :poly121: talk about weirdness xD
  • karatekodden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karatekodden polycounter lvl 7
    Hey, I'm happy to announce that a breakdown will be able in the next vertex. Since its a pretty large project I will try to cover the overall thoughts and workflow.

Meanwhile a high-poly render of one fir branch I baked down to a plane and used for the trees.

fir_branch_hp_01.jpg
  • JamieRIOT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamieRIOT polycounter lvl 6
    I'm happy to announce that a breakdown will be able in the next vertex.

Sweet, I thought it would be. Really looking forward to that. Congrats :)
  • WesleyArthur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Absolutely stunning! I'm completely in awe, it's beautiful inside and out.