Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Illustration

Commander Zyra

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who's helping me with tips for this piece on Polycount and outside of it :) You guys are awesome!

I came up with a possible skin idea I'd like to see in-game, and even though the name might be WIP as well, I think it would work really well.

It is based on Zyra's lore, which is basically telling us she took over a sorceress' body to (literally) eat the whole world. Upon taking human form, she realized she now has a weaker form, but is mobile.

Well, the thing is, humans have bullets and various sharp stingy objects that pierce flesh easily. But in my vision, Zyra decided to protect herself and her kin with metal armor so they can sustain their hits better and improve their attacks. With this addition, they look a little more like an army, so I took the liberty of making Zyra the commander in charge while her plants and vines are soldiers willing to carry out their mission!

Of course, Zyra will still have some "skin" showing, because, well, she needs the sun, and she's untouchable anyway, duh.

I'll post some sketches and inspirations along the way :)
TL;DR
Zyra and her plants in shiny armor kicking ass

Replies