Replies

• Deathrey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathrey polycounter lvl 4
    Looks very good.
    Some critique from me:
    There are some issues with lighting.
    Some objects appear to be floating above the ground.
    Sky color and light does not tie together with street lights.
    Also street lights could use some color and intensity variations
  • Cheeky_Pickle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheeky_Pickle polycounter lvl 9
    Heya, this looks great! As @Deathrey said I think there is some problems with your lighting first and foremost.

-The sky is too bright for the mood you are trying to accomplish

-The lamps are over bright and an odd colour, I would dim them down and put a more orange flame colour, as they are oil lamps or something similar no?

-Your tree in the centre looks good, the trunk needs extending and the base needs some work. At the moment there are just large clumps of grass which makes it look placed. Maybe a border around the bottom of stone to set it apart from the ground.

-Foliage in general is quite obviously modular, perhaps some different varities with the grass and trees?

Hope this helps!
  • VolcanicWill
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback guys! yeah i pretty much agree totally with what your saying about the lighting. I shall get to that straight away and then the foliage. Thanks guys helps alot !
  • nastobi123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nastobi123 polycounter lvl 8
    Looks cool. Though imo, the brickstone are too uniform and clean for a village located in the forest. There should be bricks with overgrown weeds,dirt and missing brick pieces.

Also some props looks like its floating.

Cheers and good luck !
  • VolcanicWill
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks man i may use some decals to achive the overgrown weed look !
  • Cay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cay polycounter lvl 5
    Sweet scene! I pretty much agree with the others..

Apart from that I can spot that your cobblestone is following the terrain down to the water.. I'd maybe blend to a grass or give it some kind of "border stone" and see that it stays kind of flat and isn't right next to the river.. Idk if I like how it bends in the 2nd picture.

Your trees could be a little more dense too so you can hide more of the background and give it a feel of a forest(if you want that). Right now you can see the terrain in the back and it's pretty rough still.
    I apologize if I'm nitpicking too much.. that's what came to my mind and I feel it could still be so much better :)
  • VolcanicWill
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nope now u mention it i pretty much agree with you :) a lot of this is have thought in my head and passed it over but now someone else is mentioning it it makes me want to fix it :) thanks Cay!