Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest] - Fiora the Grand Artiste

Hey guys! I've always felt like Fiora was an under-represented character in LoL fanart, so I wanted to pay tribute to a unique character with a compelling background!

Initially, I wanted to recreate her duel with her father. I felt like it was a really compelling story. She looked up to this man her whole life and strove to be just like him, only to find out that he cheated to try to stay on top, thereby dishonoring their pristine family name. Their fight must have been quite intense, with strong feelings of betrayal and sadness behind her sword. I drew the moment of her bittersweet victory, with Fiora victorious.

fBInwY5.jpg
u618YEc.jpg
SXKYXJT.jpg
4YPHDJd.jpg

I'm at a point now, though, where I feel like the pose and the action isn't dynamic enough. One of Riot's criteria was a dynamic scene with action, drama, and story. The dynamism of that piece really comes from the emotion in Fiora's face, which still needs work. There's not enough overlap/layering of space, nor does it really showcase any of Fiora's unique skills, etc.

I've taken to starting over with a more dynamic and angled composition. My favorite Fiora quote is from her taunt when she draws Teemo in the air, Talent, honor, discipline, and pretty pictures!": exactly what it takes to be a great artist! I'm going to paint a new skin for her, a French Artist with her slapping a giant paintbrush across Teemo's face. It's got humor and a little bit of story to support it, so we'll see where this one goes!

XTO9aci.jpg

I'd love to hear comments, suggestions, and criticisms! Thanks for taking a look, I'll keep you guys updated~