Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Orc-WIP

Replies

• GrungyStudios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GrungyStudios polycounter lvl 8
    Work on better renders. Alot of wasted space.
  • dimosM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well i am not any close on being good at anatomy myself, but i think that some things are a bit off here ; his head for example, is too close to the body, you cant even see the neck from the front/rear view(this kind of proportion may be part of your design, but it just feels a little weird right now; you must know the rules first before breaking them),the knees are a little blobby,also the abdominals feel a little weird.
    I strongy believe that in order to sculpt something like this, one must have a good knowlegde of anatomy first.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    @Micheal: What are you using to sculpt this?

We need breakdowns. Wireframes (visible and clean), texture maps, UV maps, etc.

Use IMGUR to host your images. It's faster, and the BBC code allows the images to show up easily on Polycount forums.

Check your join anatomy. Right now the inside of the knee joint (rear legs) is just a folded crease, whereas in reality, humanoid knees look otherwise. Same goes for your elbows.

Deltoids just look like balloons. Look at real-life references of muscular males with defined deltoids. It's mroe of a formed pizza slice if anything.

Are you using references while you're modeling this?