Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - "What is the name of a song?" Jax

Greetings.

This is a WIP thread for my "What is the name of a song?" Jax.

I've already roughly blocked out some proportions of a character. I will follow existing silouette and guidelines, to create a different new look, but keep character recognizeable. Right now I'm working on color palette, so will be glad to know, how would you color it.

Here you can see rough sketch- work made so far today.bLtBPn1.png?1

Good Luck and Have Fun, Summoners ^_^

Replies

• FacelessAsh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So, I had two variations of coloring. First- like Jax was a former desert inhabitant, second- like he came into desert in his standart cloth, and they became desaturated and withered after a long journey. After brainstorming I deсided to keep a "former desertman" palette, so here's another WIP. Palette.v3r6IMU.jpg?1

Leave coments, follow, there will be more updates.
  • FacelessAsh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update. I've blocked out basic proportions, also did some like placeholders for future clothes to see overall look of elements, that i've been interested in. Enjoy, comment, subscribe.
    kD9rW8j.png
    SfFC4gi.png
    D6Vr3M0.png
  • pizzapality
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I always love this stage in modeling. Jax has this really detailed head and a turban and everything and yet he's completely scrawny and naked from the neck down.

Anyway, it's coming along great! Your cloth modeling for the turban is coming along nicely. Well done, and good luck with the rest!
  • FacelessAsh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a lot! I will keep going to try my best.
  • FacelessAsh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not satisfied with what I came up today, but at least I did overal shape of remaining torsi clothes. I think, that I'm not achieved the look, that i wanted because of T-pose. But I can't make this model in dynamic pose, becase it will be used also in animation contest. It will be awesome, if you tell me, how to rig in ZBrush, so I can mace both T-posed and dynamic model. Anyway, that's what I cam up with, enjoy.
    SBBdKKY.png
    XBriU39.png
    dRuoTeZ.png
    9ogJ5im.png
  • FacelessAsh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So, I feel like that's all for today, I've finished the clothes, sill need to work on details, also add a medalion and, maybe, gloves. Still doesen't like the look of the cloth stripes off the shoulders, but, anyway, I think I will change them in low-poly model, because now it will be too hard, and I won't be able to achieve the look that I want anyway. So, enjoy, subscribe, comment.
    7gE6dyO.png
    lkp1xXJ.png
    PdfQGak.png
  • FacelessAsh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Still waiting for your replies and critique, it's very important
  • haZe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haZe greentooth
    Hey FacelessAsh,

I'd recommend concentrating on getting your major forms down before bumping the subdivisions too high. Your model is exhibiting some lumpiness because you are jumping into the finer detail too quickly.

I'd also check your anatomy and folds with reference. You want your foundation to be solid before building upon it. Good luck and have fun!
  • FacelessAsh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a lot for your reply. I'm not using Subdivision levels in sculpting. To be honest- I'm very frustruated with highpoly I came up with, but I have not much time and possibilities to remake it, so I will use some parts of highpoly, that I like, and retopologize it, and will make parts that I don't like in Blender from the scratch.