Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Taric

Hey guys, decided I would jump in this contest and see how it goes. I thought Taric would be a fun challenge since he is old and crappy and thoroughly un-fabulous currently.

Taric_OriginalSkin_old.jpg

**update**

HnYdcpP.jpg?1

Replies

• atomicguppy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh man, everyone's work is looking pretty awesome so far. Here's what I have so far. Still working on getting the block out right. I'm still a bit worried he doesn't quite fit the style of League just yet.

Md244c2.jpg?1

Any thoughts you might have would be appreciated. Thanks guys!
  • atomicguppy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, checking back in with another update on Taric. I am getting pretty close to a point where I think I can start to sculpt in some finer detail. I still don't quite have the shapes in the chest nailed down yet.

9ik0sf2.jpg?1

I also have a quick color block in. The shield design on his on his tabard is just a place holder for now.

GzXh2Ee.jpg?1

Hopefully I can get this all nailed down and have a finished hi-poly by the end of next week. I would be happy to hear any thoughts you guys might have on Taric so far. Thanks guys!
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    Something with the arms and upper body is off proportion wise. Did you do a nude sculpt? It would prob be a good idea to go back to that to make sure your proportions look correct.
  • atomicguppy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I did. I tried to push his proportions a bit to fit in with the stylized look of league.

FmbPEIw.jpg?1
  • atomicguppy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I went back to the drawing board and did another pass on the anatomy and proportions.

-Slosh- I think you were absolutely correct and I am starting to feel a lot better about the direction this is going

here is my updated body

HnYdcpP.jpg?1

It's still a bit lumpy in some spots, especially the back and legs. I will need to clean that up a bit. Thanks for the input!