Home Marmoset

exporting full marmoset scene for other 3d apps

Hi guys, I'm trying to export this entire scene out of Marmoset so I can open it unreal and get some badly needed environment fog. I'm unable to find any options for environment fog in marmoset. So I was wondering if there is some way to export the whole scene out as an FBX or something, I know I would lose shaders and lighting and the HDR sky, not worried about all that. Really I would just like to be able to export the whole scene with the meshes intact.

Here's the scene, it's a reltively small little setup:

marmoscene.jpg

I know the best bet is to always just detail the scene in maya, which I do, but I always make little marmo-tweaks to the scene geo when I import, don't wanna lose those if possible, anyway, help on this would be great.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry, but there is not currently any way to export content out of Toolbag.

Out of curiosity, how would you like to see such a feature work? Would you want a simple FBX export, or do you think there would be a benefit to some sort of tool that syncs your Toolbag scene up to a scene in unreal?
  • skycastle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Any chance on environment fog in Marmoset?
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skycastle wrote: »
    Any chance on environment fog in Marmoset?

We don't have any specific plans for adding fog at this point but it is something a lot of people have asked for so we may add it in the future.
  • indiedungeon.com
    EarthQuake wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, how would you like to see such a feature work? Would you want a simple FBX export, or do you think there would be a benefit to some sort of tool that syncs your Toolbag scene up to a scene in unreal?

The whole reason I wanted to export the scene into unreal is for the environment fog - really need to show distance and space with fog since my scenes are mainly outdoor and deal with large scales. My partner and I have purchased a couple seats of Marmoset and we really like the software - except for 3 things major issues that stand out like a sore thumb and make me consider using an alternative:

1. No ability to scale object mesh
    2. No environment fog option, and
    3. No image compiler for making a turntable movie

Shader transparency is also lacking but we can live without it.

You guys gotta fix those 3 things so we can get work done.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The whole reason I wanted to export the scene into unreal is for the environment fog - really need to show distance and space with fog since my scenes are mainly outdoor and deal with large scales. My partner and I have purchased a couple seats of Marmoset and we really like the software - except for 3 things major issues that stand out like a sore thumb and make me consider using an alternative:

1. No ability to scale object mesh
    2. No environment fog option, and
    3. No image compiler for making a turntable movie

Shader transparency is also lacking but we can live without it.

You guys gotta fix those 3 things so we can get work done.

Thanks for the feedback!

As far as transparency goes, I recently wrote a tutorial explaining how transparency works in TB2. Give it a read and let me know if this solves your issues or if you have further questions: http://www.marmoset.co/toolbag/learn/glass
  • indiedungeon.com
    EarthQuake wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback!

As far as transparency goes, I recently wrote a tutorial explaining how transparency works in TB2. Give it a read and let me know if this solves your issues or if you have further questions: http://www.marmoset.co/toolbag/learn/glass
    Cool, I'm gonna check this right now. Thanks!