Home General Discussion

Nvidia GTX 900-series

Replies

• chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    Whats the deal with Batman? is it that much more demanding than BF4? i always thought BF4 was such a hardware killer.

Yes, Phys X particles, snow stuff, TXAA which probably is the reason why the min fps was around the 50s.
  • iniside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iniside polycounter lvl 6
    claydough wrote: »
    yer right but as Intel is aggressively trying to close the performance gap between discrete and onboard gpus...
    Nvidia must aggressively compete in a market where most the gpus on the showroom floor of yer average brick n mortar are onboard Intel.

Even if that performace doesn't represent our demographic...
    We will most likely reap the benefits ( 20nm advancements which are already late )

They had their chance with Larabee.
    Integrated GPU will never get even close to something like GTX 980.

To put it simply, there is not enough space on single chip, and you can make transistors much smaller, since you will hit quantum effects, and you won't be able to predict what is going on in your transistors in the first place
  • cman2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cman2k polycounter lvl 17
    The thing I'm interested in is the falling price of 4GB VRAM cards. This is a pretty big step in the right direction for getting a more widespread adoption for 4GB, and when we start to hit a certain level of market saturation (hopefully within two years?) we'll all start working with (consistently) higher memory budgets.
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    I wish I had a link but I remember a long time ago an Intel engineer touting that:
    the performance ( vs space on chips ) was only limited to the the size of the Universe.

Funny u should mention Larabee... I was just re-reading Tim Sweeny's The end of the GPU roadmap... As I have been hearing that Intel has far from scraped Larrabbe and that it's research although evolved is still important to it's advances in GPU tech. ( tho not fer anything consumer any time soon )

But yep, I agree. the performance of Intel's consumer intergrated GPU does not represent an enthusiast demographic. ( but it does not have to for nvidia's need to compete. )
  • RobeOmega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10
    cman2k wrote: »
    The thing I'm interested in is the falling price of 4GB VRAM cards. This is a pretty big step in the right direction for getting a more widespread adoption for 4GB, and when we start to hit a certain level of market saturation (hopefully within two years?) we'll all start working with (consistently) higher memory budgets.

Except on consoles which we are stuck for a while at the same place